Mum has passed away

Edu

Jun 1, 2018
This is just to let everyone know that my beautiful mum passed away on wednesday 18 July
She was at home with me and my brother holding her hand when she took her last breath.
I know Mum is at peace now but I still feel like my heart has been torn out.
I will always love you mum. It has been an absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to care for you at home for the last three years.

I would also like to thank everyone on this site that has supported me through some extremely times.

I love you more than anything that ever existed.
Goodnight mum xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm so glad that you and your brother were with your mum when she passed away. Sending my condolences to you and your family and wishing your strength.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Please accept my condolences too, on your sad loss. I am so pleased you were able to be with your mum in her last moments.

Hazara8

Apr 6, 2015
This is just to let everyone know that my beautiful mum passed away on wednesday 18 July
She was at home with me and my brother holding her hand when she took her last breath.
I will always love you mum. It has been an absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to care for you at home for the last three years.

I would also like to thank everyone on this site that has supported me through some extremely times.

Goodnight mum xxx

How very good of you to share this moment with so many others. And how truly wonderful of you and your brother to have cared for your mother at home, for these past three years. That in itself will prove to be enormously cathartic in the aftermath of such care - a type of care which is very special, extremely challenging, and which can break a heart on each and every day that this unconditional application of love is given.

And whilst that journey has ceased and the loved one no longer requires that tender and unceasing care, the 'love' that enabled it, remains intact and cannot die. There is genuine comfort in that fact, even through the tears which will be shed, the fact that you both 'cared' in such a way negates all uncertainty and feelings of 'if only' and any shred of regret.

With warmest wishes.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry to hear your sad news. I am glad you and your brother were able to be there to hold her hand as she slipped away. It would have brought her comfort and it will bring you comfort in the difficult days ahead too.

We are all thinking of you at this difficult time.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK

Goodnight mum xxx
@Edu What a beautiful tribute to your beloved mum who received such loving care from you. To read that caring for mum has been "an absolute pleasure" says everything about your love for her and her love for you and I believe that bond is never broken. Though she is at peace, it is understandable you feel as if your heart has been torn out. I send love to you and your brother and pray for strength for you in the difficult days ahead. Although so sad Thank You for sharing this with us all.

Edu

Jun 1, 2018
Thank you to everyone for your kind messages.
I have stayed at my mums for the past four nights, in the room that she took her last breath in. I felt I needed to be near her. Today, I have come home.
I have brought my mums duvet home with me because I can smell her scent. It’s with me on my bed and I am holding it close. Although we had years to ready ourselves for the inevitable, it still felt like.... (I can’t even think of a word that fits how I felt)
My constant prayer over the years was- please God, keep me fit and healthy so I can continue to care for my mum. My prayer was answered. I will say this prayer for all the dementia family on this site. If someone said ‘would you like the three years of caring for your mum back?’ As hard as it was, juggling work, my own family and almost a full time carer for Mum, I’d say ‘yes’ in a heartbeat.

People say ‘time is a great healer’ but I’m not so sure.
God bless you all

Edu

Jun 1, 2018
My love thoughts and prayers go out to you and all your family...xxxx
Thank you

I’ve just been reading your other post. It is hard. At times, this monster illness is impossible. I also cried til I had no tears left at the pain and suffering that my mum was going through. Cuddle your loved one and then cuddle them some more. They may or may not feel it, but it will certainly make you feel better. Keep strong

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thankyou..thankyou..for taking the time to read my thread..may peace be with you and yours.xxxxxx

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Thank you to everyone for your kind messages.
I have stayed at my mums for the past four nights, in the room that she took her last breath in. I felt I needed to be near her. Today, I have come home.
I have brought my mums duvet home with me because I can smell her scent. It’s with me on my bed and I am holding it close. Although we had years to ready ourselves for the inevitable, it still felt like.... (I can’t even think of a word that fits how I felt)
My constant prayer over the years was- please God, keep me fit and healthy so I can continue to care for my mum. My prayer was answered. I will say this prayer for all the dementia family on this site. If someone said ‘would you like the three years of caring for your mum back?’ As hard as it was, juggling work, my own family and almost a full time carer for Mum, I’d say ‘yes’ in a heartbeat.

People say ‘time is a great healer’ but I’m not so sure.
God bless you all

Bless you @Edu You are an inspiration to me as you have given your love to your mum so freely. I am glad your mum has found peace.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan