Mum has me worried.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Lol, sorry had to laugh Raggedy Anne, not at you being hurt (hope your back isn't too sore) but of your hubby wanting to turn the mattress straight away, that is me down to a T. If anyone suggests we do x, y or z I would want to do it straight away, a kind of get it out of the way attitude.
As for mum wanting to go home, she is still mentioning it but not as much as I try to ignore what she said, or say 'sorry I didn't catch what you said', but if I do hear she still mentions the tree in the garden, yes its about 7ft or higher and could quite accommodate a tree house, just a bit perplexed as to why someone would say they live there (yes I know its the Alzheimer's)?

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
This business of Going Home crops up so often with Dementia doesn't it? So far, luckily, Husband hasn't done it. We've lived in more than 30 different homes over the years, and the current one is where we've lived the longest. We love it here and have always said we'd hate to move. Everything about it is right, and we think it will always be practical, whatever happens.
But I have an inkling that our grown up children and families are beginning to think we should move to somewhere they think would be more manageable, and I'm afraid there might be some pressure to do that. Husband gets anxious and badly confused whenever we're away from home, and I think if we, or he, moved, he would be wanting to Go Home all the time. They're not as aware as I am about his worries away from home. I listen carefully to their well meant suggestions, but really feel I must muster all my arguments to resist moving anywhere else.

OK, The garden's a bit scruffy now, and Husband no longer does his own maintenance,but this is Home. I'm certain that moving would make him much much worse.

Just sharing some thoughts...

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
It does, I just hope its a phase and she gets over it (soon). As I have said could it be due to mum going to daycare 3 times a week, she is due to go to respite whilst the exams are on, so am worried she will be more mixed up when she comes home.
I can understand if mum had recently moved from somewhere to the house where we are now, but we have been in this house for a long time, so I am slightly at a loss as to why she wants to go home as she is thinking she is going home to this house (not her parents house or the one she grew up in as I would have expected).
I was thinking of hiring out our garden for shooting parties the grass was so high last year, but I intend to sort that out after the exams are over, I have bought veg for planting so hopefully the garden will be like it once was (full of veg).