Mum has MCI, one of her children is terminally ill. Should she be told?

bb59

Jan 2, 2021
I have a feeling that you are right - the same thing would happen about her sister. She would not remember the specifics, but have a perception that something bad was happening, so she would keep asking.
Thank you Canary, this aspect has been mentioned by the medical staff looking after my sister.

bb59

Jan 2, 2021
I am so sorry. Please do ask for support for yourself if you need it - Macmillan would be a good place to start. https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer...ne/coping-with-bereavement/support-with-grief - there is a freephone number further down the page.
Thank you Veritas and thank you to everyone who has been so kind and helpful with their thoughts. Sadly, my sister passed away peacefully this afternoon with another of my sisters by her side. Her suffering is now thankfully over.

Veritas

Jun 15, 2020
Thank you Veritas and thank you to everyone who has been so kind and helpful with their thoughts. Sadly, my sister passed away peacefully this afternoon with another of my sisters by her side. Her suffering is now thankfully over.
My sympathy to you and all your family.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read of your sister’s passing. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife