Mum has gone

ellie 123

May 25, 2006
Hi everyone

Mum passed away late Thursday night. It was very peaceful but sod's law, I wasn't in the room with her when it happened.

At the moment I am lost and can't cope with the silence and not having a million people coming and going.

Ironically, we had finally sorted out all the problems regarding moving her from Nottingham. It only took 17 months!

You'll probably hear from me a lot more now (need to keep sane) but hopefully my experience may now help others as yours helped me.

You know who you are and a million thanks to you all.

love ellie

P>S> Mother's Day is going to be tough tomorrow.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Ellie, so sorry to hear your mum has passed away. You fought so hard for her, it's sad that she didn't live to enjoy it.

You're right, Sunday is going to be very hard for you. It will be for several members who have recently lost their mums. Please come on TP if it will help, we'll do our best to support you.

Love,

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Dear ellie,
Thankyou for posting,you have just made me get myself together after feeling so sorry for myself and for my mum,she is 61 with vascular dementia,just gone in a home and its killing me but you know what she is still here and I have to be grateful of that. Your day tomorrow is going to be so much harder than mine,am so sorry about your mum.
Suppose thats what this site is all about,sharing.
thankyou,once again.
Take Care.
Lisa.xx

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Ellie, so sorry to hear your sad news. Not a time for thinking straight I know but do check in if you need and help, support or advice....take care of yourself
Craig

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Ellie

I`m so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

jenny48

Sep 19, 2008
Dear Ellie

I am so very sorry to read about your loss, my prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

Jenny

ellie 123

May 25, 2006
Thank you all for your kind words. It's made me feel not quite so alone, but that's what TP is all about. Everytime in the past when I've come on and posted, sometimes at my wits end, when I've read your responses - I've had the strengh to carry on. This is a really special place and I'm so glad I found you all.

Dear Lisa, you have all the right in the world to feel like you do. My mum was 87/88 when she was diagnosed and 91 when she died. This illness is a cruel and devastating thing,especially when it starts early.

Mum, like lots of others, suffered terribly because of the lack of care and compassion in the caring and medical professions and I don't know how at the moment, but when I'm thinking straight again I am going to work towards changing this for all the others.

I am just so glad that I was around to protect and speak up for her and that I managed to keep her at home and that is where she died. Although she drove us crazy at times, wrecked the house and attacked the carers - I couldn't imagine it any other way. And I'm not attacking the ones who put their loved ones into care because to be honest, I don't know how much longer I could have done it. I was getting more and more tired. I couldn't cope with the house and was losing contact with my sons. Not to mention looking after the dogs because mum always had to come first. And we brought a new puppy into all of this on Christmas Eve! He is adorable and kept our spirits up but he is totally spoilt and unruly as I've had no time to train him. But mum adored him and his favourite place in the house was her room and he loved to go to sleep on her feet.

Sorry, I'm wandering.
ellie

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Ellie,

You must be quite worn out with all you have gone through. Try to give yourself a good rest over the coming weeks and if possible, let someone else in the family help you with all that you have to do over the next week or so.

You need some time to heal.

xxTinaT

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Dear Ellie

I am sending you my sincere condolences on the loss of your Mum.

I'm sure you gave her the best care and well done to you for keeping her at home where she wanted to be.

Take care

Love
Alfjess