Mum has gone and I miss her

dianemb

Aug 17, 2006
Hi to everyone and thanks to all of you for your support.

After 14 days without fluids Mum finally feel asleep yesterday morning (1st Sept at 6.25am). She went peacefully just taking one last short breath.
I miss her more than words can say and I feel so numb

i was not with her but my Dad and my brother were. I had left the hospital at 3am and was called back at 6am. I arrived at 6.45am but she had already gone. Thankfully my Dad was holding her and I had said my goodbyes many many times.

She may not be buried until 15th Sept which is hard but I am sure we will all get by until then. (Dad wanted a specific minister and church etc so tying it all together, as he wanted, meant a longer wait)

Thanks again to all of you for your help and support. I will stay in touch and wish any of you that have been through this or are going through this my heartfelt wishes because I now know this pain is unbearable.

Love to all all from both me,Diane and my Mum (Rita) God Bless her xxxxxxxxxx

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry about your mother. Glad it was peaceful at least. It has been such a strain for you these last days.

Lila

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Diane

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your Dad, I am glad Mum is now at peace.

It is important that your Dad has the funeral he wants for her, my Dad's took a lot of planning, but it was worth the extra effort to get the one he deserved.

Take care of yourself and your Dad.

Kathleen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Diane

Your mum has shown amazing strength to fight so hard and so long - and so too have you in all that you have done for her.

I realise there is little to say to make the pain any more bearable just now, but just know that people are here for you .....

My love and prayers are with you and all the family ...

Love, Karen, x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Diane I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't know that words can help, but we are thinking of you and your family.

Jennifer

Helena

May 24, 2006
Jennifer

Sorry about your loss and that you were not there at the end after your endless devotion

At least now she is spared more suffering

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sincere condolences Diane. At least your Dad must be comforted that he was there at the end. You did more than your share and must hold on to that.
Your mother must have been a very strong woman to go so long without fluids. We`ll never know what goes on in the non-communicative mind of AD/VD sufferers but it`s nice to think they have the final say.

Take care. Grannie G

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry for your loss and your pain Diane, but Mum is at peace now. Feel her presence and her love, as she has felt yours over these final days. I think it is so important to try and make the funeral 'just right' - it is such an important day.
Take time to grieve. We are here when you feel ready to post.
Love Helen
<<<HUG>>>

BillieJay

Aug 31, 2006
Diane, I hope that you and your family can find strength and peace in the next few days.
Thinking of you all,
BJx

Tina

May 19, 2006
so sorry

Diane,
I'm so so sorry to hear your Mum's passed on. You've been so strong in the last fortnight, and I'm sure your presence was always a great comfort and helped her on her journey. She was also very strong to have hung on to life for as long as she did. I know there is overwhelming sadness and a huge feeling of loss, but may you find comfort in happy memories, support from family and friends and the thought that your mum is now at peace.
Take some time for yourself now, to remember, to grieve, and to look after yourself.
With sincere sympathy to you and yours,
Tina