Mum has Chest Infection

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
I got a call this morning from the nursing home from the nurse telling me they thought my mum had a chest infection, was very very tired and dozing in the lounge night before.

Nurse checked her today and arranged for the dr to come in, i was there when the dr came in, so i wen out the room while the nurse and dr chatted to my mum inside about 15 mins laterthey come out and dr says it is a chest infection and will give her antibiotics and best she rest etc, mum was coughing a lot.

So about the back of 2pm, i thought it time to go(had been there from just after 11am) i went over to my mum and gently woke her and said i was away now and.......and...

This is where i dont know what to say apart from it was a very emotional and "weird" feeling, so i said to my mum i loved her and she said she loved me to and she felt my arm and said "Thanks for being there for me" and she started to cry:(:( and i told her not to upset herself and to get some rest and i said a couple of personal things and i told her she was my best friend and she said i was her's and she said she was always there for me.

I kissed her on the forehead and said i loved her and she said the same back i left...

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Aww what a lovely moment for you, even if you were worrying. Mum's had a severe chest infection too and has slept a lot. The antibiotics didn't work first time but she's a lot better now. Try not to worry (like being told try not to breathe eh!)

Best wishes x

halojones

May 7, 2014
Aww as well...what a special and very moving post, i feel very emotional from reading it, lovely...I do wish your mum well and that she gets over the chest infection.....Its my mums 87th birthday tomorrow and I am going to make such a fuss of her, flowers, chocolates, pretty mum bday card, perfume and lots of tea and birthday cake:D.....What a smashing son you are..xxx

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
As an that's so sweet as, its made me feel emotional too. My mum seems to get a lot of chest infections, and antibiotics always help very quickly. She's so lucky to have you to love and care for her as you do.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read that your mum has a chest infection. My husband is just getting over one and I know how much it took out of him. I'm sure she will be well cared for where she is and I hope that the antibiotics kick in soon.

What a lovely moment for you both to share.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
There are a lot of chest infections around right now WS. I hope the ABs kick in quickly and your mother recovers very soon.
Those were some lovely moments you shared together. Hold them close. You are a great comfort to your mother and I'm sure she loves you dearly.
As, of course, you do her.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for all your lovely words:) I was nearly in tears when mum said what she said to me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope your mum`s chest infection clears soon WS. You obviously have a special bond with her.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
What an emotional visit WS. Your love for each other is so strong. AB's can work really quickly so I hope you find your Mum has improved today. You are so kind to each other.

Love

Lyn T XX

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
What an emotional visit WS. Your love for each other is so strong. AB's can work really quickly so I hope you find your Mum has improved today. You are so kind to each other.

Love

Lyn T XX

Mum is a bit better, she is out her bed and she is sitting in the lounge,i got told she is on antibiotics 3 times a day. She is still coughing a lot of course.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
WS try not to worry too much. The AB's will take a little while to work but progress is being made, and that is a step in the right direction.

Take care of yourself also

Lyn T

val1

Jan 11, 2015
query

Hello
I just joined but this is relevant to me. I am a live in carer, my lady has dementia. The doctor also said last week she has a chest infection. She has (sorry to be graphic) lots and lots of clear, thick phlegm that she tries to bring up. Not yellow or green, and at night actually seems ok. But the days are really bad. Is this what is going on with you or am I looking at something else here? Thank you so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455