Mum has badly fractured her right hip

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That is such good news Dibs. Wishing your mum a continued and speedy recovery. Wishing you some rest and some food!

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh, what a relief that all went well Dibs.
Try to rest a little tonight if you can.

Love and hugs, Geum. xxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Good to hear about mum

Yes take each day as it comes. Worrying about "what if" doesn't actually help does it xx

Hoping you get some decent shut eye tonight xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh good to hear that things are going well so far, bless your mum for giving you a smile and a kiss :). I'm glad she enjoyed a milkshake and cake, well done Dibs' mum :)

xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello

Hello Dibs , So glad the operation went well & your Mum was able too give you such a special smile :) Pleased she enjoyed her milk shake & Cake

Agree with other T P'ers please do take care of your own well being & hope you have had a meal & sleep or rest

Wishing your Mum a good recovery & she is soon able too return too her C Home

Love & Hugs

Grove x x

geum123

May 20, 2009
It's a new day.
I hope things are going ok for your Mum, Dibs.
I know if she is ok you will be too.
Thinking of you all. xxx

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
I arrived to see mum at lunchtime a nurse was helping mum with her lunch and I took over she is eating which is good but is obviously still very tired. Mum sat on the side of the bed with help from the physios and sat unaided which was good to see.
I'm still feeling so tired and emotional and I hate leaving her even though she was tucked up in bed fast asleep. I will be with her after work every day at 4.15 and stay until she has had her tea. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've only just seen this thread and am so sorry that your mother has had to undergo this oepration. No wonder you are so anxious.
I'm glad that things seem to have gone well and your mother is recovering positively.
I hope she is able to return to her home very soon so she can be back in familiar surroundings and with people who know her. xxx

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
Hopefully your Mum will continue to improves Dibs and don't forget to look after yourself as well

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Dibs , So pleased your Mum is starting too eat well & is making good improvement Wishing her a good recovery & please look after your self too Dibs

Thinking of you both

Love Grove x