Mum going into care soon

Paul_K

Jun 30, 2004
Slough
Very soon I shall have to go looking at nursing homes as mum's about to go from hospital (been there a month so far) into care. At present social services are saying it'll need to be paid for, and the house will be taken into account.

I need to speak to someone about continuing NHS care, because I don't feel soc serv have really bothered or tried to help with getting this. Mum has savings but they'll only last for a year or so before they're completely gone.

Also I'm worried about the security of the house which has been my family home since I was 5 and I am now running. It's in my mums name only and was purchased outright by my dad many years ago. It's the only home I've known and I don't want to lose it!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
It’s a same that you did not put the deeds in your name before your mother got so ill.

I do not know your story, but could you not talk to the NHS about nursing your mum at home till she passes away?

Last edited:

merrymoon

Nov 20, 2005
Paul: re your mother going into nursing home

Hi Paul...As I live in Canada, my eldest brother decided to become our mothers power of attorney and he sold her house. Consequently all the funds from her house sale were used up paying for care in a local council owned home. It ois a disgusting building hardly worthy to keep animals in! Staff did their best but many agency staff were used. Mum broke her femur last sept., and was hospitalised for almost 3 months until a nursing home was found. As Mum has no funds left to pay and the Home is private, the local council are paying for Mum now. If we had known about this society before, we could have had a lot of sound advice and help. Good luck Paul.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister