Mum forgot she had dinner

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by banger696, Jan 9, 2016.

1. banger696

banger696 Registered User

Sep 17, 2015
    North East
    One thing that gets to me about Alzheimers is the repetitive questions. Tonight's fun and games was every half hour she would ask me if she had had dinner from about an hour after she had had it and had the dog had his dinner too.

Also the other day she must have been feeling particularly vulnerable and said you're not going to disappear are you. Then she said because I would be totally lost if you did. So I have given the phone number of one of my dad's old friends and put the numbers of relatives on the main phone in the living room to try and comfort her, also just in case anything happens to me.

I resisted the temptation of putting 999 on the list as she may break a fingernail and call an ambulance. Little things with this disease seem magnified massively.

She is also having trouble walking. One day she will need a frame the next day she is fine with just a stick. Psychiatrist warned us about one of the tablets making her a little dizzy and tired so she takes that at bedtime. She takes the same tablets everyday but has good days and bad days walking.

Tim

2. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Tim it's of little comfort to you now as you try to smile and patiently give the same reassurance over and over again but in a way it is lovely that your Mum is aware of how important you are to her.

I hope she continues to have many more "good days".