Mum finally at peace

connie53

Jul 26, 2007
Leeds
After being in a NHS continuing care home for the elderly for the last 2.5 years, and fighting the system for the care and dignity our loved ones deserve, my mum passed away and was finally released from her ''living death''. I felt somewhat relieved that all her suffering was over. I have been to hell and back over the last 3 years, trying to cope with mum's dementia, the sudden death of my son, and the constant battle to try and make my mum's life have more meaning. Finally I have some peace in my life and hope to start living again.

Love you Mum xx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Connie
Am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum and your son.
Please accept my condolences

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Connie, I've read your previous posts tonight and send my sympathy for the loss of your mum and son. I hope with time you will recover and find peace in your life x

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Connie, what you must be going through...I am so sorry...you have to face such hardship now, may you find the strength to carry on and peace in your life. Warmest wishes, Zoetx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Connie,

Finally I have some peace in my life and hope to start living again.

I am so sorry for your losses Connie. The above sentence rung out at me and I hope that you will go in peace and walk in love and that you will embrace life:)

Love

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Oh connie, thinking of you amd so sorry for the loss ofyour mum and your son. I hope you do fine your well deserved peace and can rebuild you life ((((hugs)))

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Connie, hi
Thinking of you and sending support for the days and weeks to come.
With kind regards from Jo

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Connie, I am thinking of you. I hope that you are able to find peace at last.

Turbo

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
please except my condolences for your mum and son and i wish you the best for your future love larivy

Pacucho

Dear Connie,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. I myself recently suffered the loss of my mum, and the support here is fantastic.

It will take time and I trust you will find some sort of peace to help you in the future.
Regards

paco

connie53

Jul 26, 2007
Leeds
thank you all for your kind messages.I am so glad that my mum didn't know about the death of my son, it would have really broken her heart.I kind of feel relieved not having to lie to her, and try to hold back my tears.I suppose I feel a bit numb at the moment, but in the nature of life we shouldn't out live our children.

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Connie, I too send my deepest sympathy to you at this time. Indeed I hope you do find peace and comfort in knowing mum has been released.
You are so very right, we never expect to outlive our children. My brother died (as the result of an accident) seven weeks after my dad died, dad was a dementia sufferer, and my mum used to say that perhaps there would have been something worse ahead for my brother, and this was why he was taken when he was.
I take great comfort from mum's wise words.

Wishing you strength & comfort, and peace for the time ahead.
Lots of love, Necion. xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elbazcat