1. connie53

connie53 Registered User

Jul 26, 2007
    Leeds
    After being in a NHS continuing care home for the elderly for the last 2.5 years, and fighting the system for the care and dignity our loved ones deserve, my mum passed away and was finally released from her ''living death''. I felt somewhat relieved that all her suffering was over. I have been to hell and back over the last 3 years, trying to cope with mum's dementia, the sudden death of my son, and the constant battle to try and make my mum's life have more meaning. Finally I have some peace in my life and hope to start living again.

Love you Mum xx

2. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Dear Connie
    Am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum and your son.
    Please accept my condolences

3. piedwarbler

piedwarbler Registered User

Aug 3, 2010
    South Ribble
    Dear Connie, I've read your previous posts tonight and send my sympathy for the loss of your mum and son. I hope with time you will recover and find peace in your life x

4. zoet

zoet Registered User

Connie, what you must be going through...I am so sorry...you have to face such hardship now, may you find the strength to carry on and peace in your life. Warmest wishes, Zoetx

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m so sorry Connie.

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    My deepest sympathy Connie.

7. together

together Registered User

May 25, 2010
    Derbyshire
    Connie, Sending my deepest sympathy, my thoughts are with you, Katherine x

8. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    So very sorry Connie take care of yourself now.

Love

9. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Connie,

I am so sorry for your losses Connie. The above sentence rung out at me and I hope that you will go in peace and walk in love and that you will embrace life:)

Love

10. Christin

Christin Registered User

Jun 29, 2009
    Somerset
    Dear Connie, thinking of you. Take good care of yourself xx

11. scared daughter

scared daughter Account Closed

May 3, 2010
    Oh connie, thinking of you amd so sorry for the loss ofyour mum and your son. I hope you do fine your well deserved peace and can rebuild you life ((((hugs)))

12. Jo1958

Jo1958 Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Connie, hi
    Thinking of you and sending support for the days and weeks to come.
    With kind regards from Jo

13. turbo

turbo Registered User

Aug 1, 2007
    Hello Connie, I am thinking of you. I hope that you are able to find peace at last.

Turbo

14. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    please except my condolences for your mum and son and i wish you the best for your future love larivy

15. Pacucho

Pacucho Registered User

Dec 20, 2009
    Wembley, Middlesex
    Dear Connie,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. I myself recently suffered the loss of my mum, and the support here is fantastic.

It will take time and I trust you will find some sort of peace to help you in the future.
    Regards

paco

16. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm so sorry for your losses, Connie. Sending you sincerest sympathy and condolences.

17. connie53

connie53 Registered User

Jul 26, 2007
    Leeds
    thank you all for your kind messages.I am so glad that my mum didn't know about the death of my son, it would have really broken her heart.I kind of feel relieved not having to lie to her, and try to hold back my tears.I suppose I feel a bit numb at the moment, but in the nature of life we shouldn't out live our children.

18. Necion

Necion Registered User

Connie, I too send my deepest sympathy to you at this time. Indeed I hope you do find peace and comfort in knowing mum has been released.
    You are so very right, we never expect to outlive our children. My brother died (as the result of an accident) seven weeks after my dad died, dad was a dementia sufferer, and my mum used to say that perhaps there would have been something worse ahead for my brother, and this was why he was taken when he was.
    I take great comfort from mum's wise words.

Wishing you strength & comfort, and peace for the time ahead.
    Lots of love, Necion. xx

19. timthumb

timthumb Registered User

Dec 6, 2009
    west sussex
    some wise words indeed ....
    may God bless you at this time ...you are in my prayers
    tim x

20. rainbowblush

rainbowblush Registered User

Aug 6, 2010
    NE England
    Deepest condolences to you Connie and to all your family at this very sad time.
    xxxxx