Mum doesn't want me and tells me to go....

Tenerife15

Mar 5, 2013
Hi

I have experienced a change in behaviour over the last three weeks where mum wouldn't let me in house and telling me to go. As I am the only one attending to her personal and nutritional needs I am concerned I will not be able to attend to her. Who is the best person to contact in the morning - the doctor, community mental health team. I have POA. She attended assessment last Tuesday and is to attend day centre at hospital on Thursday but if she does not let me in she will not get ready to go. I work from 7.30-2.30 each day and this is taking a toll on me. I need help but where to turn first for advice.:mad:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello
I am sorry to read about this, you must be so worried.

Personally I would contact both.

The Dr first, incase Mum has an infection such as a UTI (urinary tract infection) which could be causing mum to be behaving the way she is
The Gp may also be able to help, advise, while you wait for the community mental health team to visit

If by personal care you mean bathing, cleaning, it may well be that your mum may be more amenable if someone else came help with those
So I would also contact Social services (SS) to see what they can doto help

Hopefully others will be along soon, with better advice than me

Tenerife15

Mar 5, 2013
Thank you.....she had a UTI about three weeks ago and went through the same thing but this time it is worse. Just going to contact doctor now and see what he says .....re personal care I am the only one and it is how long this will take to get SS in place. It is worrying that she will not let me in to feed and shower her.....thanks

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Can I suggest that you install a key safe outside her house and when you do get access you get an extra set of keys cut and put them in the safe. Even with carers she might not let them in so they would have to use the key safe too. See what the Dr and SW say, but if nothing can be done immediately then contact the police as they can get someone to gain entry as someone not able to feed themselves is a medical emergency.

Once you have access to keys I would just give the dour a couple of taps then walk in. This is what the carers would do!

Fiona