Mum Convinced Her/ our House is a Hopsital..

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
She is saying she wants home and has a lot of stuff to take home and dont want to stay with patients and she wants to see "About getting out of here" and abut getting a taxi home and when i tell her again and again it's not she starts crying:(:(:(:(:(

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
She is saying she wants home and has a lot of stuff to take home and dont want to stay with patients and she wants to see "About getting out of here" and abut getting a taxi home and when i tell her again and again it's not she starts crying:(:(:(:(:(

She also getting really agitated and talking of my dad and her bros(apart from one) who are dead:(:(.

She talking bout giving me her stuff to talke home:(:(:(:(

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
She also getting really agitated and talking of my dad and her bros(apart from one) who are dead:(:(.

She talking bout giving me her stuff to talke home:(:(:(:(

Now she says she know it not a hospital but it still not home and she thew a pen on the floor out of anger/frustration, im just trying to remain calm and not "feed" into the situation.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
This is one of the hardest thing to deal with in my opinion.

My husband is the same. He uses a frame to walk with and this has a bag on it. He is constantly putting his razor, bedside clock, spare toilet roll etc in it to take home!!!

I tell him it is too late today, that we will go tomorrow, or I say there is something wrong with our home and we had to move out while the work was done, .

New bathroom??? Faulty wiring.??? It doesnot matter what you say ashy tomorrow it is all the same again.

Disagreeing and saying this is your home has never worked with my husband as he does not believe me.

He believes we are going tomorrow though .

Jeannette

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Hi WS,

How was the wedding you went to?

My mum is in a NH and she says (in coherent moments) she's going home. I like Jeanette just put her off, we will go tomorrow, there's a flood in the kitchen anything you can think of.

When she lived at home if she went of a wander and I picked up she would say 'this isn't the way home', 'this isn't my house' and trying to convince her otherwise was a recipe for disaster. I uses to just say we were going somewhere safe and would go home as soon as we could.

Jeanette is right, it's such a difficult thing to deal with but just go with it. I've even said 'yes blessed awful here isn't it, wish we could go home but not today'.

Chin up,

Sharon

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hi Worried Son, Sorry you are going through this and your poor Dad.

There is no point in correcting your mum as she'll think you are lying, you will be in the wrong and frustration fuels the tempers. It's awful. As Jeannette says, make an excuse as to why you can't go right now and get her involved with another activity or deciding if she wants tea or coffee, anything to distract her and take her mind of going home.

It's so hard.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya

What's your weather like? You could try walking her round the block then take her home again. What about her DVD about all the old places? Maybe put that on for her and reminisce for a bit with her? It can be calming to pack a bag so you could give her a bag to put some stuff in for when you go home TOMORROW!

I hate to curb your life but I would not go out if she is so agitated, just in case she decides to go home on her own!

Fiona

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for concern and advice :), im relived to say mum is much much calmer now and not agitated:):).

Wedding was great:D

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Hi Worried Son, Sorry you are going through this and your poor Dad.

There is no point in correcting your mum as she'll think you are lying, you will be in the wrong and frustration fuels the tempers. It's awful. As Jeannette says, make an excuse as to why you can't go right now and get her involved with another activity or deciding if she wants tea or coffee, anything to distract her and take her mind of going home.

It's so hard.

I AGREE 100% You are spot on, my dad died a decade ago as well:(

She is super calm now and and asking when tonight im going to visit my friend in hosptal .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celiagibson