Mum brings a smile to my face

melly

Mar 1, 2008
I spend so much time feeling sad about what is happening to mum yet in the last 2 days she has really made me laugh so I just had to write about it!

I'm unfortunately suffering with flu and have been really unwell since Saturday. I didn't want mum to come over because obviously her immune system isn't what it should be and having flu could really set her back. I got really bad yesterday and in the end my Auntie, who was spending the day with her brought her over to see me. I eventually settled down and mum sat with me for the rest of the afternoon... Even though she isn't able to do anything to look after me, it felt like it did when I was younger when she used to sit on the sofa with me caring for me.

Anyway, part of my flu is that I have totally lost my voice so the only thing I can do is whisper to her. The thing that has me laughing is that she keeps whispering back!!! I've told her that she doesn't need to whisper and I'm only whispering because of the flu and she laughs but then two minutes later she whispers back to me again!!!

It's so nice to have a giggle about it so I thought I would share it with you. Sometimes you just have to laugh, it does help. We're lucky that mum sees the funny side when she does things sometimes! x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a lovely story, Melly, childlike in quality but amusing too.
I hope you `ll soon feel better and get your voice back. Perhaps then, so will your mother. ;)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Melly,

That made me smile...:)

It's so nice to have a giggle about it so I thought I would share it with you.

Thanks for sharing the giggles..it's so important to share the happy times..

Hope your voice returns soon and that you feel better.

Love Gigi xx

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Hi Melly,
Bless your Mum!!
I think you really have to grab these happy moments. You know with all the heartbreaking things my Mum went through and with what we had to witness, there we're still times when Mum gave us such laughter and happiness and I have to remember that..
I hope you have many more of these... and keep sharing them with us!
Lots of Love,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Oh Melly, that's lovely ...... so agree - if there is anything you can see the lighter side of it's well worth celebrating and sharing ..... :) Thank you ....

My mother has proudly told me today that if she hadn't had that tree cut down (I posted earlier this week about the conning gardener when I was fuming!!!!) 'the winds today would have been so much worse' ......... :rolleyes: (Mum hasn't quite got the correlation between the trees in her gadren and global warming - but hey ho!)

Suddenly today - I thought it was worth every penny she had been conned out of because she is so proud of herself!!!!!!! :)

Love, Karen, x

117katie

Wow! Nice one - but

"The thing that has me laughing is that she keeps whispering back!!!"

Have you thought that she may be take the p*ss out of you!

In which case, .... just enjoy and encourage!

Katie

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hello Melly,

I hope you are soon on your feet again.

I'm glad your mum made you smile....maybe she thought what you were saying, was just for your ears and hers. :D:D.

I hope that there will be many more smiles.

Take Care, Love Taffy.