1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. sky90

sky90 Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Eastsussex
    Hey I hope you all had the best christmas you could. Just before xmas mum had an alzheimers lady come to see her and the lady mentioned that mum has deteriorated. It's hard to recive new's like that. They have offered my mum admiral nurses but my mum want's to wait a little bit longer. Mum's night times seem to be getting worse. She find's it hard to sleep and has night terror's. We watched Emmerdale episode on Ashley Dementia. I was crying. It's hard to watch and know that is what' going to happen to my mum. I love my mum so much I just cant be with out her.

I hope you are all doing well.
    Best wishes.

Shaunna xx

2. Emac

Emac Registered User

Mar 2, 2013
    My heart goes out to you. Unfortunately it's an ever deteriorating picture. However you have your Mum now. the best advice I have been given is to stay in the moment deal with what is and enjoy the time you have with each other. Sending a virtual hug xxxx

3. sky90

sky90 Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Eastsussex
    Hey thank you for your reply. Thank you for the advice. I love talking point. Loads of lovely People who know how i feel x. Sending you a hug back x.

Sent from my D5803 using Talking Point mobile app