mum and dad

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Hi, not posted for a while, though I've been on and off reading postings.

It looks like Dad's myelodysplasia is developing into leukaemia after all.

He's too weak to even go and see Mum. In and out of hospital for transfusions.

Think I'm going to have to be very strong in the coming months.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry taylorcat, what a worry for you. There`s nothing I can say to make it better, I just hope you`ll have the strength to see it through.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Taylorcat, yes, we're listening!:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, you certainly have got a lot on your plate at the moment.

Come and talk to us whenever you feel like it, we can't help, but we can support.

Love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Taylorcat

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. My husbands just been diagnosed with chronic leukemia and is in the process of receiving chemo. Are they proposing any chemo for your father?

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Yes, Jennifer they are. A few weeks ago he said he didn't want it but he's going to give it a go and see how he is. he hasn't actually been diagnosed yet but it looks like it's going that way as they are taking another bone marrow sample to see why the transfusions are no longer making him feel any better.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Taylorcat - as you probably know chemo comes in as many flovours as there are people, so there's no way to know just how a specific regime will affect him. However, I will say this: my husband has completed his first cycle, and although he was exhausted at the end of the week, he has now got more energy than I've seen him have in months (or maybe, years). I think he's wise to at least give it a try. I hope the BM biopsy gives you some answeres - that's a pretty foul procedure.

Love

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, I don't have a problem sharing his age (mine well.....:D) He's 58 (and I'm (whispering) 51).

Not as young as some, not as old (for this version of leukemia) as most.