Mum And Dad Have Been Reunited For A Year

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Mum and dad have been reunited for a year today it is very sad for us but dad is in safe hands. There is now a tombstone on his grave with flowers and I have put some roses in a vase. I won't be doing any clearing today as I will be doing what I
want. Other matters will be sorted out eventually.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Marcelle. I'm a bit tearful at the moment but I'm trying to get there. I'd give anything to give them one last cuddle.

MaNaAk

Metalpetal

May 10, 2020
Just a quick message to say I’m sorry for your loss, and to send a virtual hug. Definitely a day to apply some self care and do what you want. Take care...

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @MaNaAk, I can understand your tears, good idea to clear the decks and have the day to yourself and remember Mum and Dad and the good times. Take care.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou, you two. I've just come back from a lovely walk and despite two speeding cyclists making it impossible to walk along a narrow path I enjoyed the wildlife and the spring flowers that had been allowed to blossom during lockdown.

The walk gave me time to reflect and I realise that whilst I need to sort out dad's stuff ahead of possibly moving I have to do this. We have already done quite a bit and we have time to continue whilst I keep an eye on the property market and other plans.

I also have my special caring memories that only dad and I can share.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello again.

This afternoon I taught my Piano pupil on Zoom before going shopping and then I rounded the day off with a meal that dad would have liked from his friend's restaurant. The restaurant gave me free popadums which rounded off sad day.

I grieved for both mum and dad and I am sad to say that the grief came back. Yesterday a couple of friends phoned and a friend phoned today. I also had a couple of texts and later I will phone friends back to let them know how I am.

MaNaAk

Pepp3r

May 22, 2020
Hi MaNaAk,
Tough day, thinking of you ....
You mentioned roses for your dad at the beginning of your message, have you noticed on your walks how lovely they are this year. I have some red ones in my garden that have a lovely smell, but I have seen some gorgeous orange and pink roses on my walks. There is something special about them!
You made it through today and rounded it off with a special meal......you did great!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes @Pepp3r I bought dark red roses for dad because he loved them and he used to put roses on mum's grave. I have noticed our garden roses are just blossoming and dad would have loved to see them and I am expecting a bumper crop of golden delicious apples so yes it's been a nice day.

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max69