Mum And Dad Are Reunited

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello everyone.

I just want to say thankyou for all your kind thoughts. Dad waited for us to arrive at the hospital before going to join. He slipped away peacefully leaving us with sweet memories especially me.

Alzheimers didn't take him after all.

MaNaAk

doodle1

May 11, 2012
I am so sorry. Nothing prepares us for the shock . Even if it is expected. My sincere condolences xx

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss - I hope your happier memories help you through this tough time

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou all so. On Sunday he was pushing resident G in her wheel chair. On Monday night he had stomach trouble and couldn't hold food or fluids. On Tuesday morning the home called an ambulance and my brother gave me a lift to hospital. In the ambulance he came to
but by evening he had lost consciousness and his pupils were diluted. Therefore he had a scan and the doctor said that a blood vessel had ruptured in the brain as he struggled with constipation and we were advised that the only thing could do was keep him comfortable so we planned to go back the next day and we were there for fifteen minutes and he took his last breath.

I would like to continue posting and advising my friends.

MaNaAk

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
So sorry ..hopefully a comfort for him and you all that he was surrounded with the love of his family at end of life tgat, as for my own dad, came suddenly and unexpectedly even within the path of dementia.
Thinking of you x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I was wondering what was happening.
Im so sorry for your loss, but Im glad he waited until you were there and it was peaceful.
Be gentle with yourself now
xx

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Sending my condolences too @MaNaAk. I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been a wonderful supportive daughter being there for your dad every step of the way. X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou all. What has brought to us all
today was me telling my brothers that resident G was shouting at the strange person moving her wheelchair with her in it without her permission and dad looking like he thought he was helping! There are some memories that are only created by caring for someone with dementia.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister