Mum And Dad Are Reunited

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by MaNaAk, Jun 12, 2019.

1. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    First "special" special days (Mothers Day in my case), birthdays and anniverseries are always the worst.

I used to go out and do something nice to celebrate them - have lunch somewhere, buy myself flowers, or just go out to somewhere that mum used to like to go.

Ill be thinking of you Monday
    xx

2. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex

Thankyou Canary.

I might just do this.

MaNaAk

3. Georgina63

Georgina63 Registered User

Aug 11, 2014
    Very sorry to hear your news @MaNaAk. Sending wishes your way. Gx

4. Marnie63

Marnie63 Registered User

Dec 26, 2015
    Hampshire
    Sorry for your loss @MaNaAk. Much strength to you.

5. Primrose19

Primrose19 Registered User

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Sorry for your loss. So sudden, I read about the wheelchair and then the next news was so sad.

6. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    Thankyou both very much. Today has been very tough with memories, me thinking that I was going to take dad out but instead preparing things here for the funeral. I bought lovely flowers today for both mum and dad (mum passed away four days before my birthday eleven years ago). I will plant a rose for dad as he did for mum and I will look after this garden as best I can.

There are other funny memories according to the care home manageress such dad regarding her as the police whenever she came to sort out an argument. That means his friends are criminals and as he was also involved in arguments then you could think of him as one too but in a loving way. The staff were very upset at his passing and they are all lovely.

MaNaAk

7. Duggies-girl

Duggies-girl Registered User

Sep 6, 2017
    I will be thinking of you today @MaNaAk as you say goodbye to your dad. I hope it goes well for you.