mrsa

susiewoo

Oct 28, 2006
Bromley Kent
Mum is due to have an assessment to go to a residential home done on Monday...tonight I have been told by the ward staff that a swab of her sore bottom has grown MRSA........I guess no care home is going to take that on.
I feel this is a death sentence for my Mum........the daily care(!) she gets in the hospital won't be able to cope with this......just when I thought there was hope I think it has been snatched away.
I didn't think I could feel any worse but I can't see how to go forward..she is going to die in this hellhole and theres nothing I can do about it.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Susie,
I am so sorry that you are feeling so awful - don't give up.
Sending a hug, and thinking of you.
Love Helen

lindaj

Jan 15, 2007
Nottingham
don't give up

Please don't give up my mum had grown the mrsa up her nose and yes she was in hospital for 6 weeks but she did get into a nursing home so there is hope. I felt just the same as you. I hope things will get better soon. xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Susiewoo, I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. It must have been an awful shock to learn that your mum has MRSA.

But it can be cured, you know, and the hospital will be just as keen to get rid of it as you are.

I can understand your depression, but don't give up. Your mum can get better.

Big hugs,

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
My Dad had MRSA in his eyes and the Nursing Home cared for him superbly. Dont give up hope straight away. Ask the questions and see what answers come back..

Hugs
M
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Susie, I`m so sorry about your mum. If she has got MRSA, at least it`s been identified. It could have gone undetected for ages. I hope it`s been caught in time and they`ll be able to get rid of it. Love Sylvia

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Oh Susie........I visited mum in hospital tonight and they have taken a swab from her and put her in a side room as a precaution............and I am scared......

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I know its not my mother , so easy for me to say don't be scared , but at one of mum NH home that she was in for 3 mouths I was worried back in April last year when a lady had it in her ear I thought my mother would get it , they always took her to the hospital to have it clean and she always had it covered , when I went back in November to see if the coat I had left they was still there , I saw that lady and it had all cleared up .

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
mel said:
Oh Susie........I visited mum in hospital tonight and they have taken a swab from her and put her in a side room as a precaution............and I am scared......

Oh Wendy, you poor thing. As if you didn't have enough to worry about. No wonder you're scared, but it sounds as if they've caught it really early and isolated your mum, so I'm sure they'll be able to clear it up.

Prayers and positive vibes going to you and your mum. Let us know.

Love and big hugs,