1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

Moving whilst Sitting

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by realist1234, May 16, 2017.

1. realist1234

realist1234 Registered User

Oct 30, 2014
    Saw this on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/39872130

Given that so many people with dementia in care homes are left to sit in their chair in front of the tv for most of the day, I thought this was interesting.

Peter

2. Rosnpton

Rosnpton Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Northants
    That made very interesting reading.
    Mums ch do armchair aerobics for 30 mins every Friday but something more structured could help
    We have the friends and family meeting tonight so I will point them to this article
    Thanks
    Ros

3. CarerForMum

CarerForMum Registered User

May 5, 2017
    I think it is a great idea and what I love about it, almost anyone can do it.

4. over_score

over_score Registered User

Apr 7, 2016
    Love this. Thanks for sharing. :)

5. Malalie

Malalie Registered User

Sep 1, 2016
    That looks brilliant - nice to see all those laughing faces! I shall make a note for our next relatives meeting. Thanks for drawing our attention to the article.

6. Rosnpton

Rosnpton Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Northants
    Took the link to relatives meeting at ch Tuesday .and they were very interested. Have to wait and see
    Ros

7. realist1234

realist1234 Registered User

Oct 30, 2014
    Sadly its too late for my mum. Hopefully your CH will consider it. Far too many just let the residents sit in front of a tv all day, and little else.

Peter