Moving to sheltered housing

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
Those of you that have read my previous posts will know that I had a rotten time of it at the end of last year. With the help of the freinds I have made here on Talking Point I got the help that I needed. I am moving to sheltered Housing to be able, with the proper support to live on my own. It has been a very hard time for me and I still feel confused about what is happening. So many changes and lonliness. I keep looking for some thing I have lost and do not know what I am looking for. I get blinding headaches and want company but dont want company, if that makes sense. Too many people talking makes me very unsettled and I just want to run away. Dont really know where just want to. I am getting more confused even trying to write this. I have a lot I want to say but keep forgetting what it is I want to say and how to say it. I give my best wishes to all on here and hope for all of us, more understanding of our position by the general community.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi J D M
That's such good news :)
I hope the move goes well - it's tricky and stressful moving home, everything gets a bit muddled; you'll be able to settle, though, after the move is over, and get to know your new surroundings.
Really pleased for you!

aprilbday

Jan 27, 2016
Washington, DC USA
Wow. I could really feel your inner torment. Thank you for sharing that with us. I sometimes feel that way.
I have some form of dementia and also spinal degeneration. It was just lumbar but now it is in my neck-they call it cervical. It makes my arm go numb and my hands useless at times. I am still working though.

But I know how you feel. If I had company I may be able to tolerate them for about 3 minutes.