Moving to sheltered housing

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by J D M, Feb 4, 2016.

1. J D M

J D M Registered User

Nov 26, 2015
    Scotland
    Those of you that have read my previous posts will know that I had a rotten time of it at the end of last year. With the help of the freinds I have made here on Talking Point I got the help that I needed. I am moving to sheltered Housing to be able, with the proper support to live on my own. It has been a very hard time for me and I still feel confused about what is happening. So many changes and lonliness. I keep looking for some thing I have lost and do not know what I am looking for. I get blinding headaches and want company but dont want company, if that makes sense. Too many people talking makes me very unsettled and I just want to run away. Dont really know where just want to. I am getting more confused even trying to write this. I have a lot I want to say but keep forgetting what it is I want to say and how to say it. I give my best wishes to all on here and hope for all of us, more understanding of our position by the general community.

2. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Hi J D M
    That's such good news :)
    I hope the move goes well - it's tricky and stressful moving home, everything gets a bit muddled; you'll be able to settle, though, after the move is over, and get to know your new surroundings.
    Really pleased for you!

3. aprilbday

aprilbday Registered User

Jan 27, 2016
    Washington, DC USA
    Wow. I could really feel your inner torment. Thank you for sharing that with us. I sometimes feel that way.
    I have some form of dementia and also spinal degeneration. It was just lumbar but now it is in my neck-they call it cervical. It makes my arm go numb and my hands useless at times. I am still working though.

But I know how you feel. If I had company I may be able to tolerate them for about 3 minutes.