Moving to a new Nursing Home

LynnB

Feb 23, 2006
Billingham
Hi All,

What a great site ..... a little help from others if possible, we have to move my mum to a new home as she now needing nursing help as well as emi, I want to make this as stress free as possible for her as she really does not cope well with any form of change or people she does not recognise. Any practical suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks LynnB

Last edited:

nikita

Jul 31, 2004
havent came across this personally as grans emi home does end of life care all i can recommend is to be aware of a little unsettled period initally and get emi home to pass on any helpful tips.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Sorry LynneB, no practical help, just want you to know I shall be thinking of you and mum. Go easy on yourself, you will be able to cope more easily. Love Connie

LynnB

Feb 23, 2006
Billingham
Thanks Connie

Thanks for both the personal message and the reply, I really appreciate the kind words, its not a great situation but even though my mum doesn't remeber my name she always gets up and say's "I've been waiting for you to come" so somewhere in all her confusion she knows my face and knows she loves me even if she doesn't know "Who" I am, and that keeps me going and fills me with some happiness.