Moving the Post?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
How do I move post from one forum to another?

I realised that some post seem to miss being seen, so might be better trying in the, Tea Room for instance, but how do I do this?

The new post do appear on the right, but due to there being only a small number of post and these are being overwritten, any current link is soon lost.

Stay safe and keep well!

Richard

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
How do I move post from one forum to another?

You ask admin if they are prepared to do it.

Easiest method is to report the post and make your request together with reason, this identifies the post.

Note that when a post is moved to a different thread (unless things have changed) the post will retain its time stamp and may not move to a sensible position.

I realised that some post seem to miss being seen,
If the post is a thread starter do you mean viewed or replied to?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Hi @nitram

The post wasn't being viewed, so I guessed it was in the wrong place. Nobody would have known it was there as there are only 10 recent threads showing on the right, so these quickly change, so some never get seen unless you go to that particular forum and thread, but I don't know the answer to this!?

I did cut and paste it to the other forum, but now it seems to have vanished!

Never mind, nothing vital!

Stay Safe and Keep Well!
Richard

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I ignore the RH pane.
I enter DTP using a link based on one of the options in 'What's new' on the menu bar
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/whats-new/ .

Duplicate posts can lead to confusion, if one of yours has been moved check your alerts and email.

Members view a post when the title interests them.

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Good Morning @nitram

Whats New... is a very good idea! Do you think most people here use that as an option?
Is there an way to access this from main page?

Interesting titles, I'll remember that and try to think of new was to attract attention.

Stay Safe and Keep Well!

Richard

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Is there an way to access this from main page?
Yes, on the menu bar at top of page
2020-04-30_101227.png

That's on a laptop.

It's different on a mobile.
I don't have a smartphone, if I change my UserAgentString to force DTP to think I am using a smartphone I can get an equivalent dropdown by clicking on the hamburger - 3 horizontal bar icon.
menu.png

I assume other small screen devices may have the hamburger, if not click on any other icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillian Magellan