Moving on after my mum’s death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Wow you are a couple of human whirlwinds to complete all of this in such a short time!!
photos please of completed looks! xx

My boyfriend is definitely a whirlwind. Everywhere is not quite finished & we are still bringing furniture in so when everything is complete then I can show you photos. Just waiting for my fridge freezer to arrive now. Xx

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Oh I am so glad things are coming together, you have both worked so hard, I know how hard it is especially when working as well.....it’s so tiring and draining too, there’s just not enough hours in the day.

I think you’ve both done so well getting to where you are, just aim to do what you can, clear the rental house and then hand those keys back......all of the other jobs can be done, easier said than done I know because I am sure you want as much done before Christmas, hasn’t your boyfriend got any holidays to take from work (he may have saved due to your cancelled holiday??) only thinking if he has you could get everything done easier if he hasn’t got to go to work as well.

Regardless everything will come together, and you will have a lovely Christmas in your new home.

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Lovely to read your updates, @Kikki21 - it sounds as if your new house will be lovely, and in the end worth all your hard work. Do take care to chillax over Christmas!
Best wishes,
Marcelle xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Oh I am so glad things are coming together, you have both worked so hard, I know how hard it is especially when working as well.....it’s so tiring and draining too, there’s just not enough hours in the day.

I think you’ve both done so well getting to where you are, just aim to do what you can, clear the rental house and then hand those keys back......all of the other jobs can be done, easier said than done I know because I am sure you want as much done before Christmas, hasn’t your boyfriend got any holidays to take from work (he may have saved due to your cancelled holiday??) only thinking if he has you could get everything done easier if he hasn’t got to go to work as well.

Regardless everything will come together, and you will have a lovely Christmas in your new home.

well we are about 80% moved in now. I’ve moved a lot of stuff myself as my boyfriend has been at work so it’s been really hard. I’m tired & aching all over to be honest & he’s cream crackered too! I am doing some events next week starting on Sunday & at the moment haven’t got a clue when I will prep for them - hoping for Thursday.
We are aiming to clear the house tomorrow or at least Thursday am & then start cleaning it. Fingers crossed. Normally I get a cleaning company in but my boyfriend is basically a professional cleaner/caretaker/maintenance manager doing what he does, so it shouldn’t take us long to do it. I really can’t wait for that & I don’t want to move for at least 5 yrs!
My boyfriend still had the week off as regards our cancelled Rhodes holiday as we were waiting to get the keys if you recall & then we started work on the house, the very next day. We would have been 4 days ahead if it wasn’t for the executor being as he was. We are about on schedule though.

we were going to go to Iceland before Xmas but we cancelled that too but that’s a good job as my boyfriend will have to take a few days off enforces holiday as the school will be closed for everyone just before Xmas. That doesn’t sound right to me but anyhow. To be honest, I want to see the back of this year but I am sure 2020 will be much better for us both! X

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I am glad to read you are so far ahead, not long now.

When we moved we too went back got the last few bits (full car load really!!!!!!) and cleaned ourselves, omg nightmare it was not helped by the fact that we both had colds and chest infections, but how we did It i will never know........I was so weary and tearful it was just awful.

I always find once I have moved out I just don’t want to be at the old place at all, how glad we were to lock the doors that final time..

Please keep us updated of your progress.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Lovely to read your updates, @Kikki21 - it sounds as if your new house will be lovely, and in the end worth all your hard work. Do take care to chillax over Christmas!
Best wishes,
Marcelle xx

we are getting there slowly @Marcelle123 - our priority at the moment is to clear out the rented place so as it’s nearly light, we can crack on again. We are hoping to clear it out today, fingers crossed. My boyfriend wants to start on the lounge flooring this weekend as it will give us additional space in the garage storeroom & well we need to start decorating downstairs! We will chill out over Christmas - we can’t wait for a rest to be honest! Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I am glad to read you are so far ahead, not long now.

When we moved we too went back got the last few bits (full car load really!!!!!!) and cleaned ourselves, omg nightmare it was not helped by the fact that we both had colds and chest infections, but how we did It i will never know........I was so weary and tearful it was just awful.

I always find once I have moved out I just don’t want to be at the old place at all, how glad we were to lock the doors that final time..

Please keep us updated of your progress.

I honestly can’t wait to hand back the keys on Saturday afternoon & say good riddance to that place! The landlord really needs to invest money into it as it is literally falling apart in some places. The carpets are mainly old & stained. The kitchen is falling apart. The windows are all secondary double glazing & awful & mouldy. Good luck to whoever wants to move in there! Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hello everyone well after a stressful few days, we moved the final bits last Friday afternoon & the house was professionally cleaned on Friday evening. I handed back the keys on the check out meeting on Saturday afternoon.
The house looked really good & clean. I got a letter via email about yesterday but the report was not attached. I emailed them back but heard nothing today. I was concerned about the windows but they cleaned up fine. We left some items in the house & the shed as the next tenant wants to buy them off us. However, they were still messing him about last week & he hadn’t signed for it as yet. The new tenant is meant to be my old next door neighbour’s son - who works with my landlord.
It’s been a very busy couple of days & we now have wardrobes built & most of the rooms upstairs are done bar finishing off the finishing touches, next up, we need to finish the lounge & the kitchen in so far as we can, as they are a bit war zone like & not ideal!
Unpacking is going slowly - I didn’t do my event on Sunday as I was just too tired but I am doing an event tomorrow & one on Saturday & really hope I can earn some decent money!
I had some dramatic developments with the executor as my family in Poland have now got involved in moving him along at a quicker pace & he is very much reacting to my cousin’s Urgings. They are not very impressed with him at all & all of them plus my mum’s closest friend don’t agree with this second funeral business either so I have some support at last & he released a bit more money to me as well plus he has finally agreed to give me written permission to speak to the DWP & sent the letter to them
so I will ring them on Friday to see if I can suss our what it is they are looking at & if I can throw any light onto the situation as he admitted to my family members that his written English understanding is not so good & he still can’t add up. He keeps miscalculating my inheritance.

I gave a copy of the figures & the bank account to my cousin G as it is good that another person has a view of it as a back up for me & again she is in agreement with me! Phew! I have a feeling we will hear a conclusion from the DWP!

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Well done on getting moved in, I am glad the family have at last decided to support you a bit....strength in numbers etc.

You can now concentrate on your new home and get everything done in your own time.

I hope you have success with DWP and it comes to a conclusion quickly now.

I think there’s definitely light at the end of the tunnel now and hopefully things will soon all be settled.

Hope kitty is ok and has settled in too x

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Well done on getting moved in, I am glad the family have at last decided to support you a bit....strength in numbers etc.

You can now concentrate on your new home and get everything done in your own time.

I hope you have success with DWP and it comes to a conclusion quickly now.

I think there’s definitely light at the end of the tunnel now and hopefully things will soon all be settled.

Hope kitty is ok and has settled in too x

I’m glad we got all sorted moving as it was pretty stressful but it is done & now the race is on to sell our sofa & loveseat before tomorrow as we have a sofa coming from my boyfriend’s sisters house tomorrow. It’s only a year old & they bought a new one ( don’t ask me why after just one year! But they are like that!) my boyfriend is frantically trying to finish the lounge flooring before it arrives tomorrow - we have a man with a van doing the delivery of it as cheaper than hiring an actual van itself!
My event yesterday was a little bit quieter than I would have liked but I had some good sales so overall, I was happy & I’m just about to go & get ready to sort out my next event for tomorrow which is usually a decent event for me! So yes it is all go!
Both cats are pretty settled. Kikki doesn’t really go out that much & then she is content to potter round the back garden. It isn’t that much of a change for Kali as she used to come across the road anyway for a wander & now she sometimes goes back across the road to the rented house but so far, no one has moved in. I’m going to see if it is advertised now as am curious to know what is going on?! I still haven’t heard back from the lettings agent so now I am getting rather annoyed & seems like I will have to ring them. X

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Exciting times! good luck with the event
Xx

Thank you! The event was alright. I hadn’t done it previously & maybe I would do it again next year if they wanted me to. I made my stall money back in my first sale & was happy at the biz performance. Hopefully, tomorrow will be even better! Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
No the old house is not listed on RightMove so I really don’t know what is going on. The house really needs some TLC before it is rented again to be honest but that isn’t up to me. Right I had better get up & get ready for action as it will be a busy day for me! Xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
No the old house is not listed on RightMove so I really don’t know what is going on. The house really needs some TLC before it is rented again to be honest but that isn’t up to me. Right I had better get up & get ready for action as it will be a busy day for me! Xx
Hoping the sales go well
X

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you! The event was alright. I hadn’t done it previously & maybe I would do it again next year if they wanted me to. I made my stall money back in my first sale & was happy at the biz performance. Hopefully, tomorrow will be even better! Xx
I had a horror of an event, new position stuck out no where near footfall! hoping to get moved next week!
x

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Ooh @DesperateofDevon what do you do? I’m proud to say I totally smashed it on my own at yesterday’s event. I really want to do some more now but I can’t find any events to do this month so I will upload a lot of items onto Ebay & sell that way. All I can do!
While I was doing my event, my boyfriend took me there & brought me back & he was thrilled for me but he was laying down our new grey wood laminate floor & getting our black leather sofa delivered here.
The sofa belonged to his sister & is only meant to be a year & a bit old but it has been rather mauled by her 2 Maine Coon cats. I know we should have gone to see it but we honestly never had the chance to so..... we can hide a lot of the scratches with cushions & throws but I think we will be getting a new, non leather sofa in a year or 2 & it will do for now. My boyfriend was pretty disappointed at the condition but hey ho. It is very comfy though.
I now have more of a kitchen as we have moved stuff out of there to the lounge & my office & now my boyfriend can start building our kitchen as he can tell, it is really rather required for me right now as we have very little worktop space & not enough cupboard space at all!

Attachments

• 90C66DA2-75EA-4DBB-AE57-2F080B91AC19.jpeg
    90C66DA2-75EA-4DBB-AE57-2F080B91AC19.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 407
  • 8CC9BD08-B115-4D02-9F7D-B2D54ACD6BDE.jpeg
    8CC9BD08-B115-4D02-9F7D-B2D54ACD6BDE.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 385

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
We still have work to do in the lounge so the walls will be painted white & we will have feature wallpaper over the mantelpiece. I have no idea if we will even put our Xmas tree up as it depends on progress really - at least in the kitchen now - the dish washer that was there previously works & we are saving to installing our own dishwasher until we build the kitchen then will replace the kitchen we have now & we have plumbed in the washing machine in the kitchen until we remove all the rubbish & then put it in the outhouse when we get the plumber to sort out the pipe work & eventually, we want to join the house & outhouse together to make it fully enclosed. We are definitely getting there though!

I chased the DWP on Friday to see if the letter had arrived from the executor to give me written permission to speak to them but it wasn’t on the system as yet! I’m ringing them on Monday afternoon again. I also spoke to my mum’s friend & she was also against a second funeral for my mum when I explained about the gravestone. I don’t think the executor is going to win this battle at all especially as my cousin is also taking legal advice about it. I really hope we can still conclude this issue before Christmas as I know some people, including myself, could do with the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.