Moving on after my mum’s death

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
3 days is neither here nor there,annoying but as you've been unwell maybe not such a bad thing.I hope everything proceeds smoothly on Monday

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Kikki I agree it’s so very annoying for you, but just take advantage and rest up to get yourself well.

It’s all going to happen next week and then you can get in and put your plans into action.

I really hope everything now proceeds and the executor can finish the job off, once the DWP confirm if any money is outstanding........then you won’t have to have anything else to do with him.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
3 days is neither here nor there,annoying but as you've been unwell maybe not such a bad thing.I hope everything proceeds smoothly on Monday

it gives us a full month now to renovate & move in from over the road but we are both off this week & unless my boyfriend requests to work on his early shift for the next few weeks, it might still be a push!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Kikki I agree it’s so very annoying for you, but just take advantage and rest up to get yourself well.

It’s all going to happen next week and then you can get in and put your plans into action.

I really hope everything now proceeds and the executor can finish the job off, once the DWP confirm if any money is outstanding........then you won’t have to have anything else to do with him.

Thank you - I would be feeling a lot better if I was sat on that plane right now going to Rhodes but hey ho, we have time for that later next year. I hope I wake up to the money in my account & we can get the purchase complete & get the keys. We are gathering stuff together that we will need to start cleaning, renovating, painting etc so that we can start right away - we are hoping to get the 3 bedrooms done this week so then I can start moving stuff across & we’ll do the lounge over the next few weeks. Our biggest thing is a new kitchen & dining room in 1 - currently split into 2 but with an archway wall which we want to knock down. Ideally we wanted to get this done & move in but it’s not going to happen so that will be fun & games!

Obviously I have to wait for that for the money as well & I really don’t like the kitchen as is as not enough storage! I’m a keen cook!

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
You have such a lot to do with everything else, I think if you can wait on the kitchen dining room (well you have to anyway until all the estate is finalised and rest of money released to you), and just concentrate on everything else, plus moving in and all that entails.....it’s a huge amount of work your undertaking.

But Kikki...this can be the start of your new life now, make yourself a beautiful home, and enjoy the financial freedom you will have once settled.

Good luck, I’m thinking of you.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
It sounds like you have finally got to the point you wanted to be, you do have to press matters sometimes, as much as it feels like everything is against you, its never easy. And good luck to you @Kikki21 I hope the new kitchen works out well.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So the money did indeed hit my bank account this morning & I had to confirm funds with my solicitor & then go to my bank to do a Chaps transfer over to the solicitor - it seemed to take an age to clear from my account but I kept an eye on it & then advised my solicitor it had gone across & so we have exchanged today but not completed.
We hope that it is done in the morning & I get a phone call to go & pick up my keys. I’m all insured so we have started taking items across to the garage/storeroom to clear space out of here & I have also given my month’s notice out of here.

The champagne is on ice & we can’t wait to get cracking on the house & get it looking the best we can before Xmas. The fun will start as to what we want to keep & what we want to sell when we start moving stuff across. Luckily our style is virtually identical so that is really good, we can pick the same items out for the house. I feel a trip to Homesense/Dunelm coming on. We are getting a black leather sofa from my boyfriend’s sister in December. It’s only a year old so I’ll be selling my sofa & loveseat - they have never been that comfy to sit on to be honest!
I love all interior design stuff so I can’t wait to order in my feature wall wallpapers & really makes it beautiful. I owe it to my mum & for her to be proud xx

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
Yeh, congratulations, so glad things are finally working out for you. x

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Thank you everyone! I have just emailed my solicitor to see if they can confirm that they have sent the money across to the sellers solicitor so once that is done - hopefully we can go & get the keys & start to celebrate!

It still feels pretty surreal if I’m honest - the feeling of transferring that huge sum of money was very strange in the bank & I think the feeling of finally getting the keys & the dream that I have had of being a home owner again instead of renting which I have positively hated will be pretty emotional xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I’m pleased to report that my house purchase completed this afternoon & I went to pick up the keys & we came back to the house & went through all our ideas for it & I’m still happy I bought the house after so long but it felt like home already & the house has a really good vibe to it.

We can get cracking with it tomorrow to really make it our own so I’m really happy that I will be able to be finally rent & also mortgage free. Now the rest of the money could do with being released ASAP but I think we may be in for a wait xx

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Brilliant news, I agree that it may now take some time for the rest of the money, which realistically can only be paid out now when the estate is finalised etc.

Good luck in your new home x

sausagedog

Aug 22, 2019
I’m pleased to report that my house purchase completed this afternoon & I went to pick up the keys & we came back to the house & went through all our ideas for it & I’m still happy I bought the house after so long but it felt like home already & the house has a really good vibe to it.

We can get cracking with it tomorrow to really make it our own so I’m really happy that I will be able to be finally rent & also mortgage free. Now the rest of the money could do with being released ASAP but I think we may be in for a wait xx

Yes, you’ll have to wait for the rest of your money now - just a process and can’t be rushed

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Thank you all for your good wishes. There has been nothing else from the executor since Friday but I am conscious that the care home fees have to be paid next however I will ask him
yet again for a full statement.
I’ve been fulfilling web orders for my business but I really could do with doing some events to fill up the coffers but this is going to be tricky seeing as I will now be renovating & packing up this house to move across to our home across the road.
We have enough money between us to do the refresh work but the other works that need doing, do need the rest of the inheritance money so this is going to slow us down. Let’s keep everything crossed that the DWP finish their investigation soon. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.