Moving mum in

Mum wellbeing

May 28, 2024
Hello, my mum has a leaning disability, cognitive impairment and now vascular dementia. I want to move mum in with me, as she is vulnerable, but what will happen to her pension and pension credit income?

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
You just have to inform them of her change of address. They should carry on being paid into her bank account as normal. I don’t believe that a change of address will impact her eligibility for either.

Paul198021

Aug 25, 2020
I think the number to call is: 0800 731 0469

I had to do the same for my Mum and found the person I spoke at the DWP to be quite empathetic and helpful.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
If you live alone,q contact your local council to make sure you get the council tax disregard for your house that your mum should be entitled to because she has dementia. Otherwise you will lose your single person discount.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
@Mum wellbeing
Have you really thought this through?
Your mum is currently the best she will be, the rest is down hill, things will get a lot harder.
Do you have family to consider, husband(or other)own children (both youger and older)
Can the house cope, extra bedroom, fully accessible toilet and bathroom, stairs, etc?
Look carefully at local Care Homes, one move to there, might be better than a very stressfull time not working at your house, followed by an emergency move to the first place that has a vacancy.

Bod

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
@Mum wellbeing
Have you really thought this through?
Your mum is currently the best she will be, the rest is down hill, things will get a lot harder.
Do you have family to consider, husband(or other)own children (both youger and older)
Can the house cope, extra bedroom, fully accessible toilet and bathroom, stairs, etc?
Look carefully at local Care Homes, one move to there, might be better than a very stressfull time not working at your house, followed by an emergency move to the first place that has a vacancy.

Bod
Sound, solid advisory caution @Bod