• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Moving mother


Registered User
Oct 20, 2015
Mum has dementia, lives alone, has visiting carers and is not managing so well
I think it likely we will be looking at some form of residential care in next 6-12 m, if not sooner
Shortly to have further SW assessment
She lives over an hour from me and when the time comes I would like her nearer to me, no other siblings, she has no other surviving friends in her town and realistically I will be her only visitor
She has recently hinted she would rather be near me when the time comes although she wants to remain in her current home for now
She has no assets
How can her care be transferrred to another area ?
Should I get her a private arrangement near me first then get her reassessed
Would her current Social Services pay if she went out of area ?
Any advice appreciated