Moving into EMI Residential across borders

Ceridwn

Sep 28, 2019
We have now finally managed to find a care home who firstly have a bed available and secondly have completed an assessment who have accepted mum. The only problem is we are having to move out of Wales into England. This will affect mums savings threshold as she is self funding but is anyone aware of any other areas I need to be aware of other than financial?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
We have now finally managed to find a care home who firstly have a bed available and secondly have completed an assessment who have accepted mum. The only problem is we are having to move out of Wales into England. This will affect mums savings threshold as she is self funding but is anyone aware of any other areas I need to be aware of other than financial?

Yes, you need to consider if your mum might qualify for CHC funding or partial CHC funding. I am going through this now and because mum moved across english boundaries there has been some disagreement between the two CHC's. The social care side of things should not be a problem other than agreeing fees. \Msake sure you get your mum registered to the GP local to her new CH ASAP this will affect any CHC funding claim