Moving House

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
We have decided our house is too big and too expensive to heat and the garden is 1.3 acres so we are downsizing!
So we are moving from a small rural village to a suburb of Northampton which has beautiful places to walk and has a library, a large Tesco's frequent buses and a Gym!

The house and garden are smaller but beautiful and should hopefully be warmer.

I am dreading sorting out my stuff I have lived here in our present house for over 30 years. I am a horder so it will be interesting. Another chance to get to grips with my untidy bedroom.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The plan is to declutter and then pack.

I am feeling nervous but excited and optimistic too.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
I hope all goes well for you Sarah, although I’m sure you will love it in Northampton as that’s close to where I used to live in Royston Hertfordshire, it’s a lovely part of the country.

I hope and pray that al the packing and moving doesn’t cause you to much confusion!! ;);)

Emac

Mar 2, 2013
moving

Oh that is lovely! it's good to have something to look forward to. Just get help with all the packing and don't forget to label the boxes!:D

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
We have exchanged on our farm today . Moving into a local village. Oh says he is looking forward to it. So am I think. Last cows to go next week. Mixed feelings really but had to be done.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wish you well Sarah, both with the move and the sorting in order to downsize. Sarah, you may have to learn to be ruthless. :eek:

theoh

Nov 11, 2015
Hi sarah

the dreaded decluttering/ downsizing! Pinterest have some great pointers on this and doing thing bite size otherwise it can be overwhelming. The other problem is my OH "rescuing things" from the to go pile!

Good luck

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like a positive move Sarah :)

Good luck with the de-cluttering xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I hope all goes well for you Sarah, although I’m sure you will love it in Northampton as that’s close to where I used to live in Royston Hertfordshire, it’s a lovely part of the country.

I hope and pray that al the packing and moving doesn’t cause you to much confusion!! ;);)

Thanks Barry I went to Royston last year to my friends niece they live in a house called green lawns?

It's a lovely place

Hope I don't get too overwhelmed!

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
hello. Sarah

what's decluttering???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi good luck with the move & decluttering means getting rid of all. Your rubbish etc & only keeping what you need and want too keep ! Decluttering is just a big posh word for throwing rubbish out etc. ! !
Handy good advice. I had too empty out my spare wardrobe for.my guest bedroom. I got 3. Big rubbish sacks. One was.proper. rubbish. , second sack was for.jumble sale. & last bag was for the charity. Shop !
You could do the same. ? One bag for all important things that YOU have too keep. Write a Big label on so you know.what is in the sack. !
Other sack is rubbish ONLY ! Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Love ..Grove. X x.X.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
P s.

Hi. Sarah if it helps you could have a section. In your bedroom a pile of all the. Important stuff you have too keep > equipment.for. your craft jobs etc. , etc & a another section for all the.rubbish Out of date stuff that you do not want too keep etc or. Make a list of the rubbish etc. And another list for all the stuff you have too keep ! Just a idea.

Love Grove. X x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
what's decluttering???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know that feeling. What I consider essential, others see as clutter...

Groves idea of different piles of stuff is a good one... Knowing your room, I suggest you use another room than your bedroom to do this..... That way at least you would be able to get into bed at night :eek: :D

Positive thinking Sarah. You may find those elusive lost teeth :eek:

:D

Hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
We are contemplating a downsizing move in a year or so and are trying to start the triage of all our stuff now. Over the course of time, my husband has turned 32 boxes of "stuff" into 8 boxes and is still working forward slowly. So it can be done.

Good luck, Sarah!

Chrismitch

Jun 23, 2011
We did it three years ago. It is exciting and so liberating. We moved from a village into town after living there for 30 years. We don't regret it at all.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
It really was very satisfying downsizing for me anyway.

We now live in a 1 bed apartment with little storage..... Thought it would be impossible, but we managed really well, have a place for everything and did get rid of loads of unused stuff.

Good luck with your move.