moving from one care home to another

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
How you doing Evie5831 ?
I was just wondering if you mind to tell me how the carers handled it when you took your mum to the new care home., in case that happens to us.
If you rather not talk about it then that's ok
I am so sorry, I never saw your post or of course I would have answered. Mum’s placement didn’t work out so we had to go through the leaving her at the door again just yesterday when she moved into a nursing home. The staff came out to see us before Mum arrived ( via ambulance) and were very kind and reassuring to us, they took her clothes, wheelchair and frame in so they were all ready for when she arrived.
When Mum turned up she was in good spirits but was rushed indoors before we could do anymore than say hello because of how cold it was outside. Apparently she got quite upset when she first went in as she thought we could go in too and talk to her. She can never remember the restrictions because of COVID so is not prepared for us to go when she hasn’t seen us for so long. I really hope your love one settles or has settled well if they need a home setting

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry to hear that the placement didnt work out and you had to go through it all again.
I do hope this is a better match
xxx