Hello, I can't seem to find any advice about this despite having a good read of current legislation... My mum is in a care home who have advised us (suddenly) that they can no longer meet her needs, as she requires more specialised care relating to her dementia. She lives 300 miles away, in a home we first chose as it enabled her to remain in touch with her friends. She has been self-funding for 2 years without any involvement of SSD. The time has come for her to move near me, so I can support her care in a provider in my area. She has enough funds for less than a year, so we will need assistance soon. I am keen not to delay her move as her current home want her out and I am concerned about if this puts her at risk. I phoned the helpline today and they said it would be good practice to have a Best Interests meeting. Would this help with future funding, or should she move and self-fund before we approach my LA? I have looked at capacity, we do not have power of attorney in relation to her care. I don't want to put future funding at risk if we move her without going through the correct channels, but I also don't want to delay a move unnecessarily. Thanks in advance.