Moving a CHC funded resident

Marsupial15

Jan 19, 2013
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had experience of moving a care home resident that is CHC funded? I'm aware we don't have the autonomy to make this decision ourselves, so just wondered how it would work. Are CHC open to moves if it can be shown it's in the best interest of the patient?

Thank you,

Rhiannon

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I've just read your other thread about the safeguarding issues. Speak to social services and also the Clinical Commissioning Group and explain the situation. I don't have experience of moving a CHC funded resident but my Mum (who was LA funded) was moved very quickly when I raised the safeguarding concerns.

Marsupial15

Jan 19, 2013
I've just read your other thread about the safeguarding issues. Speak to social services and also the Clinical Commissioning Group and explain the situation. I don't have experience of moving a CHC funded resident but my Mum (who was LA funded) was moved very quickly when I raised the safeguarding concerns.
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm closely in touch with Social Servies and have been asked to comment as part of the investigation. I've not specifically raised the issue of a move with them though, I'll do that and see what they say. Such a horrible situation, appreciate your input and it's good to know your mum was moved after your concerns.