move now taken!

dave b

Nov 21, 2006
staffs
hi everyone,as i said last week i was looking for a home for mom,looked there seems ok,told mom thursday loads of tears,more worried about the cats!
than herself!,now she says that she is loooking forward to going there.maybe this is just a few good days,but i have told her it is just like a posh hotel &everything will be fine 8 days to go hope she feels the same in a week!

dave x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Dave, well done. It sounds as if your mum has realised that she can't cope, and is looking forward to being looked after.

You might get a panic reaction a few days before she goes in as the reality hits her, but it's the best thing for her. Just stay strong.

Love,

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Dave

Fantastic news you have found a really good NH, and mum is ready to go.

Try not to worry if mum has a wobbly towards move day, that would be quite natural, its a huge change for her. Hope you manage to sort out the cats OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Love

Cate

dave b

Nov 21, 2006
staffs
cate ,thanks for the reply! i dont think the cats are a prob, i'm as silly as my mom
they rule the house,one meow & i'm talking to them(daft or what)probably they will keep me sane(ish)let you know how it goes.
dave xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
We cat lovers are all daft about our moggies I think!! Sooty has just gone to the vet to have his "water works" checked. Last time he had problems in that department we had to practically refinance the mortgage to pay the vet!! Ridiculous, isn't it??!!

Dave, great news about your Mum. As others have said, she may change her mind as the time draws nearer but you need to remain (relentlessly!! ;) ) positive about the whole thing and I'm sure it will work out well.

Every best wish for the "big day".

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Dave,
I also hope all goes well for you both and that your mum settles without much fuss. As, Cate said; it's a huge change for her. Best Wishes Taffy.

dave b

Nov 21, 2006
staffs
latest update
we had the final appraisil today,taken by the nh manager,seemed to go well
mom is still happy & looking forward to going,so it's monday morning (not high noon!),no doubt i will be in bits once she's gone & i get home,but i have the rest of the day off,so it might look better through the bottom of a glass!( not that many)let you all know mon p.m
dave x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good luck for Monday, Dave. It's not an easy thing to do, and you'll still have many bad moments (hours?) afterwards, but it will be such a relief to know that your mom is safe and cared for. Try to focus on that.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope all goes well for you and your mother Dave.

However bad you feel, think of the stressfree times you`ll be able to have with her once you`re not worn down with all the responsibilities.

Fingers crossed.

Love xx