Motivation

Catlady56

Mar 26, 2020
New to forum, missing Alzheimer groups, difficult motivating husband to do anything but watch tv at moment Any suggestions ?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Catlady56
a warm welcome to DTP
it must be frustrating for the both of you
personally, I'd say pick your moment, don't try to do too much for too long and expect nothing so any engagement will be a bonus
I appreciate you want to provide some stimulation for your husband ... but don't become stressed over this ... we're in the stay at home situation for quite some time and you don't want to put yourself under extra pressure ... watching TV means your know what your husband is doing and where he is (just maybe keep him away from news programmes)

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Welcome @Catlady56 . I've given up trying to get my husband involved with anything. I've tried cards and jigsaws and that sort of thing. I do have a memory box which we go though sometimes. It just contains things that mean something to him. Another thing you could try is sorting things out. Some people have been successful with getting their PWD sorting through buttons.
But as Shedrech says, don't get stressed over it.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
New to forum, missing Alzheimer groups, difficult motivating husband to do anything but watch tv at moment Any suggestions ?
Hello @Catlady56 is your husband perhaps depressed? Has he been diagnosed recently as it must be a horrible shock for the PWD when they get the diagnosis. I find my partner likes to sit and listen to his CDs, although he doesn't do much else these days. He likes to go out for walks and out in the car.