Motivation for caring for a parent......

kindheart

Jan 18, 2007
I read Jono's interview and can only say I agree, sometimes in life you are given a oppotunity to share the love and care that was given to you as a child back to the one who gave it so unconditionally in the first place.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Yes, it must be very different for those who have no happy childhood memories of the person they are trying to look after.

But I still don't think people should make those dying wishes, you don't know what the people left behind might have to cope with.

Lila

kennyuk

Nov 18, 2006
It's ok if you have the money, freedom, & a stable enough relationship with your other half, to make these sort of life changing moves.

If you don't, then......?

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Dec 20, 2006
North Yorkshire
People are making sacrifices every day on behalf of their loved ones, and some, although not all, receiving very little recognition for their loving care and attention. Whilst I admire what Jono has done, it's by no means unusual, it's just that he is a celebrity so it gets reported. My admiration goes to all 'unknown' carers who do a marvelous job 24/7. WELL DONE ALL!!
Sweet Pea x

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hi Karen

Thanks for the link. I thought his comment below is very good! Perhaps we should all take heed when the guilt monster comes knocking and we don't think we're doing enough/the right thing. :)

"Care enough about your parents and you will make the right decision, Coleman says. Don't and you'll blame yourself when it's too late to make amends."

Doesn't just have to apply to parents, of course!