Motivation for caring for a parent......

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Tender Face, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
  2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Wow, certainly food for thought. Thanks for the link, love

3. kindheart

kindheart Registered User

Jan 18, 2007
    I read Jono's interview and can only say I agree, sometimes in life you are given a oppotunity to share the love and care that was given to you as a child back to the one who gave it so unconditionally in the first place.

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m full of envy for such a close and loving family.

5. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Yes, it must be very different for those who have no happy childhood memories of the person they are trying to look after.

But I still don't think people should make those dying wishes, you don't know what the people left behind might have to cope with.

Lila

6. kennyuk

kennyuk Registered User

Nov 18, 2006
    #6 kennyuk, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
    It's ok if you have the money, freedom, & a stable enough relationship with your other half, to make these sort of life changing moves.

If you don't, then......?

7. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Registered User

Dec 20, 2006
    North Yorkshire
    People are making sacrifices every day on behalf of their loved ones, and some, although not all, receiving very little recognition for their loving care and attention. Whilst I admire what Jono has done, it's by no means unusual, it's just that he is a celebrity so it gets reported. My admiration goes to all 'unknown' carers who do a marvelous job 24/7. WELL DONE ALL!!
    Sweet Pea x

8. Lucille

Lucille Registered User

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi Karen

Thanks for the link. I thought his comment below is very good! Perhaps we should all take heed when the guilt monster comes knocking and we don't think we're doing enough/the right thing. :)

"Care enough about your parents and you will make the right decision, Coleman says. Don't and you'll blame yourself when it's too late to make amends."

Doesn't just have to apply to parents, of course!