Motion sensors linked to the internet

Hermes

Oct 8, 2014
Hello
Has any one had experience of using motion sensors (eg Canary system) which sends feedback via internet when a person goes in/out of a room eg kitchen, bathroom or leaves the house.
I am a 'long distance carer and I are thinking about getting one in my mum's flat and would welcome feedback from any users. Does it ever give 'false' information?
I haven't explained it very well, but if you use one you will understand what I mean!
Many thanks
Hermes

This was orginally posted in the 'I care for a person with dementia' but have had no replies, just wondered if this is a more relevant section
Thanks

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
I'm not a techs person but wouldn't a CCTV system work for what you want, is it live coverage you need and do you need sound too? I know other people use baby monitors with cameras but obviously if you are a distance there must be some type of visual aid I would have thought. If I find anything will be back.

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
I'm back! Just had a quick look on Amazon who have various systems but there are some that will send you an email too or you install an app on your phone if it's an Android one.
I'm interested now as I could use one of these too. Hope this helps you.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Hello
Has any one had experience of using motion sensors (eg Canary system) which sends feedback via internet when a person goes in/out of a room eg kitchen, bathroom or leaves the house.
I am a 'long distance carer and I are thinking about getting one in my mum's flat and would welcome feedback from any users. Does it ever give 'false' information?
I haven't explained it very well, but if you use one you will understand what I mean!
Many thanks
Hermes

This was orginally posted in the 'I care for a person with dementia' but have had no replies, just wondered if this is a more relevant section
Thanks
Hi Hermes,
Can you explain what you actually want a system to achieve? For example what would you gain from knowing someone has moved from room to room?
:)

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I'm not a techs person but wouldn't a CCTV system work for what you want, is it live coverage you need and do you need sound too? I know other people use baby monitors with cameras but obviously if you are a distance there must be some type of visual aid I would have thought. If I find anything will be back.
Just to help you in your search. Baby monitors work roughly around 50 metres transmitting distance and any type of CCTV system will need a broadband/internet connection at both ends.

Hermes

Oct 8, 2014
Hi Hermes,
Can you explain what you actually want a system to achieve? For example what would you gain from knowing someone has moved from room to room?

These systems exist already eg Canary, Just Checking. They give feedback on a person's 'normal routine' and then when a 'norm' has been set anything out of the ordinary gets fedback to the carers/family. eg Person has not been into the kitchen by 11am and therefore could be ill in bed.
They are supposed to be non-intrusive but give the family reassurance and they can seek help as required.
I'm was looking for feedback from anyone who is using it, rather then just reading the advertising blurb.
Many thanks

Hermes

Oct 8, 2014
I'm back! Just had a quick look on Amazon who have various systems but there are some that will send you an email too or you install an app on your phone if it's an Android one.
I'm interested now as I could use one of these too. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, I'll take a look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75