Mothers Day

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
Well the family arrived with the statury bunch of flowers. All laughing and joking (not the flowers!) and what a wonderful time was had.

I could see that mum was happy to have people in the house but who they were and why I don't think she understood.

Once they had all gone it was back to "normal" with mum being somewhat demanding. No laughs or jokes!
snuffyuk

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Snuffy, I expect it tired her out trying to put on best behaviour for them, thats why she is demanding now. Least that's what my Mum used to do. Life and soul of the party, joining in, folk would say to me, - not much wrong with her really is there? - Then later of course, once they'd gone, she'd kind of be very quiet then as you say very demanding. Tough for you I know, still it's over, that's what I used to think about the "gatherings", it's all just extra effort isn't it. Thinking of you, love She. XX

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Thats exagtly the same for us as well, i hate it when the family turn round and say she seems fine to us on thier rare visits when it is quite plain to me she doest understand a word they are talking about just saying yes or no in the right places.storm

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi all, Lionel's daughter came to see him for the first time in over 4 years on Saturday. She sent us an email today saying" I did not know what to expect after so long but under the circumstances you look well, healthy and happy".

I could scream, as today he has been very distant and unsteady on his feet. Still he was happy to see her so I suppose that is all that matters. A very fed up Connie

emscub

Dec 5, 2003
Bath
I can completely understand every one of the posts on this thread. We often have the same - not that we get any visits from my Nan's family. Her son (any my uncle) is far too busy. They did put a Mother's Day card through the door!! As if she even knew it was Mother's Day, or what Mother's Day is, and even who he is anymore. She doesn't even know that she has children, or how old she is, but we still get those 'understanding' comments about how 'easy' she is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R