Mother's day thoughts

Doghouse

Dec 30, 2015
Folkestone, Kent
Mother's day. Sitting listening to the radio and hearing requests for mums from their loving children. It's not that I don't love my mum I do but I feel so distant from my mum as a daughter. I feel that I am this person who just sorts out all issues of which over the last few days have been many. To the point of having to call social services last night asking for assistance as I'm away for 2 nights. Her deteration seems to be fast and non stop to the point that I feel I'm always on the back foot and not achieving much. My mother's day wish would be to see a glimmer of my old mum. The mum that would enjoy a lovely sunny day and being with her family and not the constant anxious frightened one of today xxx:(

Allypally67

Feb 20, 2016
West Sussex
Know how you feel!

Hi Doghouse,
I know how you feel! I love my mum very much and she has also always been my best friend but now things are very different. Mum is only in the early stages of AD but most of the time she just seems to want to go back to bed! I don't know whether it is an effect of the donepezil which she has been taking for 3 weeks or that she has a bit of a cold (she seems to cough a bit especially at night!). We went for a lovely walk earlier and she seemed like her old self but about half an hour after we got back she went very quiet and said she felt tired and so she went off to bed! So I have got on with the ironing! This is not how I thought I we would spend Mothers Day :(
Sending a virtual (((hug))) to you and best wishes from Allypally67 x

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Ah doghouse and Allypally 67 . Your words are so familiar to me . How I wished for my pre dementia mum today . I gave her a card and she asked me to read it out to her and as I did I started to cry. God love her , she hugged me and said don't cry . Somewhere in there , our mums are still there . Best wishes to you and your mums . Lou

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR