mothers day or not,,,,,just dont know anymore

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
well ive done nothing as planned,,,no flowers/cards or anything,,,,,
opened box of toffees but no mention of the m,,d word,,
alls gone great,,shes had a lovely day with very little confusion at all,,,fingers crosssed...
just asked where her mum was,,to which i told her having a nap i think,,,which i guess is kinda true,,,,,,,so said ahh and that was that,,
if ida done mothers day,,,would have been hell and sadness all day wanting her mum,,
and as i care for mum 24/7,,,i guess its mothers day every day here,,,,
love to you all

Well done!

alison1981

Dec 13, 2013
I bought my mum flowers for mothers day and she loved them and a card. At about 3pm though she said I'll have to get my mum some flowers too! Instead of saying she's dead, I asked her to tell me about grandma and we had a lovely time remembering her.

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
I took a card and some flowers for her room, which she seemed to like when she eventually looked at them properly (I think focusing on items is difficult now). She asked me my name and when I said it she repeated it wrong twice, like she hadn't heard it before except she recognised the surname as the same as hers.

Then she started talking about the prodigal (invisible) sibling by first name !!! :confused::mad: (no flowers, no card, no phone call...... Same Xmas, birthday...)

Hey ho,

jeansandtshirt

Mar 15, 2015
confused and mad - not surprising

How very upsetting for you. I hope you can remember a time when your mother was filled with joy at your mother's day gifts - she will probably remember those times too. As for absent siblings taking up the whole day - I was there with my husband (her son) and her (only) grandchild - presents, cards, home made gifts, my other child and photos - made the tea, chatted and was patient when repeating the same information 12 times - and all she talked about was my errant brother in law - not a thank you in sight. The only comfort is that she always preferred him to my husband when she was more in her right state of mind!

I took a card and some flowers for her room, which she seemed to like when she eventually looked at them properly (I think focusing on items is difficult now). She asked me my name and when I said it she repeated it wrong twice, like she hadn't heard it before except she recognised the surname as the same as hers.

Then she started talking about the prodigal (invisible) sibling by first name !!! :confused::mad: (no flowers, no card, no phone call...... Same Xmas, birthday...)

Hey ho,

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Megan, winds me up terribly to be called by the name of my absent sibling, who couldn't even be bothered to send a card, grrr:mad:
I planned to have lunch with Mum at her home today, took her in flowers, a card from me and a card i pretended was from the errant sibling. Mum just couldn't wake up today, so I just sat in her room with her and read the Sunday papers. When she was well, we both used to enjoy reading the Sunday papers together, so I kind of wanted to keep up the tradition, even if she is asleep and couldn't read when she was awake now anyway.