Mother's Day ...gifts?

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Mother's Day on Sunday,I'm not sure whether to get mum a gift or not mention the day at all.
As mum will still be in hospital it might upset the apple cart for her to possibly realise she spending another meaningful day away from family,on the other hand if other patients received gifts will she feel left out.
My sister wants to take flowers in,but mums coming home on Monday (up to press) so it seems a bit pointless.
Descions, descions,every day more of them.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I didn't think hospitals allowed flowers, they don't in Bristol. I make cards from my own photos and always take one in with some flowers on it if OH is in Hospital long term. Can you do that with a promise of a meal together when she gets home? Funky Pigeon and Moonpig do those personalised cards if you don't have a printer. Just a thought Gene, I hope your mum will be fit enough to come home on Monday as expected.

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
I would do as @nae sporran suggests. Take in a card and say you’ll celebrate when she is home. Also save the flowers for then, may be put them in her room at home so she can see them as soon as she gets in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joins