Mother

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
Hi everyone I lost my mother at the age of 90yrs old ! I was her carer for 3years ! I really miss her ! We spread her ashes today ! I still can't get over the fact that you just go and die and that's all you end up as dust ! Ash , it certainly makes you think I'm nearly 65yrs Young and iv decided I'm going to do more in my life whilst I can ! I'm quite a healthy person and still work 20hrs a week ! But no one knows what is around the corner ! Do they ?

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hi Molly, and please accept my condolences on the death of your dear mother.

I felt a little bit like you when we buried my mother-in-law's ashes last year, thinking: Is that all there is? It's all over now?

However, I'm not as positive a person as you seem to be, and I admire your thinking and wish I could be the same. Unfortunately I can get quite maudlin.

I think what I'm trying to say is: if that's how you feel, then go for it! I'm sure your mother would be very proud of you.

Sending hugs.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi everyone I lost my mother at the age of 90yrs old ! I was her carer for 3years ! I really miss her ! We spread her ashes today ! I still can't get over the fact that you just go and die and that's all you end up as dust ! Ash , it certainly makes you think I'm nearly 65yrs Young and iv decided I'm going to do more in my life whilst I can ! I'm quite a healthy person and still work 20hrs a week ! But no one knows what is around the corner ! Do they ?

That's the spirit! Well done on being so positive. xxx

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
My mother would say to me ! Come on girl get on with it ! She lived life to the full ! I nursed her for three years ! I miss her every day but nothing will bring her back ! It sure does make you think ! But I know that I spent every day for the past 3years looking after her ! The last stage was really bad ! But I carried on ! I am going to live my life to the full ! I'm sure my mother is watching me and she is always in my thoughts

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Mollygoose, stay positive, live your life to the full, enjoy the sunrises and sunsets in as many exotic situations as you can. Life is short however long you live and because our Mums lived to be old (mine was 94 when she died just over three and a half years ago) doesn't mean we will do so, we have to make the most of the NOW. We will always carry our memories of them with us which is as it should be.

Sue.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Mollygoose, I'm sorry for your loss but love your positive attitude. The death of someone close certainly makes you take stock. I am 66 and recently lost my husband who was 82. Like you I am reasonably fit and just want to do a bit more while I have the chance. As the old saying goes 'life isn't a rehearsal'. Good luck. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77