Mother screaming out all the time

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
My mother has vascular dementia .She now spends all her time curled in the fetal position, doesn't open her eyes and whinnies like a horse. She is not in pain but this is her only way of communicating. She eats and drinks little ..has anyone else experienced this crying out. Is the end near? She doesn't look at me or communicate in any way she seems locked inside her head she just makes this noise and calls for one of her dead brothers.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hi, I am really sorry to hear about your Mum, I have no experience of this, so can not tell you if this is the end. Just wanted to bump up your post as you have not received any replies. It must be very distressing for you to witness this, sending hugs(()) xx

Ange

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Mum calls out with sobbing noises. She can still communicate but will sob as soon as her eyes are shut.

halojones

May 7, 2014
Hi Janey, How awful for you and your mum....It must be so worrying and upsetting for you...Its always hard to know if our loved ones are near the end, each situation is so unique....it is such a mean, nasty illness......Are you getting any support ? what do the doctors say..? I do hope that you and your mum can find some peace...Sending you Hugs. xxx..Try and look after yourself xxx

Last edited:

missmarple

Jan 14, 2013
Hello and really sorry to hear about your mums. my Dad has AD and i would say he is the middle stages. It's hard to know if your mum is near the end. Speaking as a health professional, if she is bedbound and in the fetal position, and eating and drinking little (I assume she is in a care home) that usually means her prognosis is poor and she would be unlikely to survive this stage for long. No one would be able to put an exact time on things though, as i am sure you know. But she is at very high risk of say a chest infection, which most good doctors would think twice before treating with antibiotics in someone this impaired.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Oh Janey this must be terrible to witness, I don't know what to say except how much I hate what this disease does to people. Wishing peace for you and your poor Mum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfisch