Mother in law

Kimr

Jan 26, 2019
Gosport
Hi.
My mother in law is currently waiting to go to the memory clinic.
Her problems seem to have rollercoaster since Christmas.
She was a little forgetful at first, which is to be expected at 82 but now she suffers from terrible paranoia and delusions.
My husband (her son) is registered disabled with severe arthritis and it's really taking it's toll on him. I work full time.
My mother in law is convinced that she is going to be thrown on the street by the other residents of the old people's home she lives in. She also thinks that someone is going to come to get money off of her.
She phones us day and night saying that the people are coming.
She also keeps losing all of her pills, her door keys and her money and bank card. Plus she forgets what has been said and what she's supposed to be doing.
We have taken as many things as we possibly can to keep safe for her but still she keeps losing things.
I have asked the local adult services for a care assessment, they phoned me and asked me a few questions and then said that she isn't bad enough. This was 3 weeks ago and since then she has gone down hill so fast.
We are doing as much as we possibly can for her but it's very frustrating as we don't know what to do next.
Does anybody have any ideas, advice or suggestions that may help.
We would be so grateful.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Kimr, you are welcome here and I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

I would second the need to check for an infection(of any sort) due to the suddenness of the onset of these new symptoms.

I hope you have time to take a good look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and, if you are interested in this, clicking the following link will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with all aspects of dementia.

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.