Most deserving for financial help

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
Help The Age have said Support for medical research into illnesses affecting people in old age is not viewed as a priority by the general public.
Cancer came top at (81%) Heart disease (52%) children's diseases ,asthma, leukaemia (50%) Only (20%) voted for Arthritis or Dementia regarding extra funding. Says it all really

Cynthia.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It does say it all. The irony is that so many of us will suffer from age-related diseases eventually. Perhaps what we need to do is to appeal to the selfishness in people.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I agree it says it all, but they are still believing dementia to be an old person`s disease, completely ignoring how many younger people are affected.

Personally I don`t mind if a cure isn`t availavble for me when I`m old and ill. What would be more inportant to me then would be the provision of quality care to enable me go in dignity, comfort and peace.

Just my opinion.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Depressing isn't it? You know what's going to happen? We'll find a cure for cancer and heart disease and then all that will happen is that virtually everyone will end up with dementia and crippled with arthritis.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I agree Dementia is not only a elderly problem these days. 2 in my family were 60 and my husband 49. I know that some are even younger and its to get worse as well. If they don't start to do something about it now, i dread to think what a system that cant cope now will be like then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet