Mortified

Jesskle66

Jul 5, 2014
After 2 and a half months mum seems well and truly settled at her nursing home. Her hallucinations have greatly diminished and she is eating well. I had a really positive visit with her yesterday and for the first time in a year and a half she wasn't abusive or violent towards me and we had a fairly normal conversation. It seems such a small thing compared to that but mum actually seemed hyper, gyrating her hips around whenever she heard music on the Telly and being what I can only politely call being overly flirtatious with my husband and the male carers. She refuses all meds and so it wasn't that. I know I should count my blessings as she has been so unbelievable nasty to me for the last 18 months, but it was just so embarrassing!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
That I lovely to hear and proves that sometimes going into a good care home can improve quality of life, etc.

I am sure you are feeling better now too and can hopefully enjoy your visits to your Mum. Both of you then benefit.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so glad that your mum has settled and you had a good visit. I wouldnt worry about the flirting. Im sure the carers have seen it all before.