Mortified!!!

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
What a day yesterday!! It was a minor thing really in the big scheme of it but I think it was the unexpectedness of it that got me.

As usual I'd looked after mum in the morning and she'd been okay although slightly harder to manage than usual.

Anyway, in the afternoon, I had a guy round to organise the paperwork for my conservatory while the girls were having their nap.

Next thing "BANG" the front door slams open waking both girls, then "BANG" the living room door slams open and in storms mum who then proceeded to throw her handbag across the room and bursts into tears!!!

I felt so bad for this poor guy - he must have wondered what on earth was going on!:eek:

Turns out dad had told her to come round because he was going to get his eyes tested and she clearly didn't want to.

I had to have words with him because this is the second time he's done this in a week - I want to help him, and I think I do quite a lot, but he can't just assume that it's okay to send her round any time he likes without even asking. As much as I am not always available to do it, what if I hadn't been in? I only live round the corner from them (a matter which I sometimes regret;) ) but it doesn't take much to confuse her.

Well, at least I can laugh about it but I may need to get a different company to do my conservatory!!:D

Kate P
XXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Kate, your poor dad's still in denial, isn't he?

I don't know how you're going to get through to him, you need some help here.

Could you talk to their GP and say you're concerned about your mum's safety? Or social services?

This isn't just endangering your mum, your little girls are at risk here too. Not to mention your own health.

Someone has got to get through to him, and unfortunately, when you try, he just thinks you don't want to help. He needs carers to come in on a regular basis to let him get out, and he needs to realise that sending your mum 'round the corner' is not an acceptable solution.

Easy to say, but I know how difficult it is for you. Please try to get help.

Love,