Morning sundowning??

Status
Not open for further replies.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi can anyone throw any light on morning confusion I am awaiting diagnosis for my dad for either dementia or alzheimers I am aware of the sundowner syndrome I witness it every afternoon but these last few weeks it has been appearing from early morning (approx 4.am) onwards he settles about 11am and goes very quiet until the early afternoon when the sundowning starts again.. Any info would be much appreciated xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Unfortunately it can happen at any time.

Sundowning is really episodes of increased confusion. It`s called sundowning because it most often happens in the late afternoon/early evening but in reality it can happen at any time of the day or night.

I sympathise.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Unfortunately it can happen at any time.

Sundowning is really episodes of increased confusion. It`s called sundowning because it most often happens in the late afternoon/early evening but in reality it can happen at any time of the day or night.

I sympathise.

Thank you Sylvia... One just never knows with this terrible illness but I am learning.each day I just have to figure out at what stage dad is at. Thanks again xx

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Hi can anyone throw any light on morning confusion I am awaiting diagnosis for my dad for either dementia or alzheimers I am aware of the sundowner syndrome I witness it every afternoon but these last few weeks it has been appearing from early morning (approx 4.am) onwards he settles about 11am and goes very quiet until the early afternoon when the sundowning starts again.. Any info would be much appreciated xx

Hi exhausted.

Your dad is the same as mine in the mornings - he is up about 4am and confused/agressive till about lunchtime. He is then relatively "okay" until about 6pm, then all hell breaks loose again. It used to be just in the evenings he got bad, but now it's most of the day with a window from noon to evening.

Best of luck,

LS

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
This happened to my mam, too. Sundowning as a name is a bit confusing - much like the phrase morning sickness, which I suffered from at all times of the day and night!

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted.

Your dad is the same as mine in the mornings - he is up about 4am and confused/agressive till about lunchtime. He is then relatively "okay" until about 6pm, then all hell breaks loose again. It used to be just in the evenings he got bad, but now it's most of the day with a window from noon to evening.

Best of luck,

LS

Hi thank you for that it must be quite common with this disease.. Do you mind me asking which form of dementia that your dad suffers from... And does he live with you too.. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.